CLOSED: Bio Bio Bar

Contact 06-68809989

Via di S. Francesco di Sales 1a (at /inTrastevere), Rome, Italy,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Very small organic restaurant, reported Jan 2012 to be no longer all veg. Non-smoking. Ovo-lacto vegetarian happy hour Wed-Fri 5-9pm. Previously named Bio e Te. MAY 2013 REPORTED SHUT DOWN/CLOSED.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Organic, Non-veg

First Review by MeaganPalmer

Still open and very friendly! - Edit

We went to this restaurant twice while we were in Rome. It's a cute,slightly out-of-the way place that is close if you go to Vatican City before or after eating here. Keep in mind,they only serve food from 12:30- about 3 or so. They are a coffee shop before and after that. Also, the restaurant is supposed to be moving very soon,like this week or so,I think.
Aside from that, the place is almost completely vegan. I think they do offer panini with ham and cheese,but from what the owner told us,it sounded like it was most all vegan. It is very good food,but also be aware that I don't think much of it is freshly made,or even made on the premasis,I think it's all packaged food,though I could be wrong. Very good packaged food if it is all packaged,but just so there are no surprises. Still,in a city of few vegan restaurants,we were grateful for the food. We had the quinoa salad and the barely salad(the barely was our favorite) as well as the potato and sweet onion soup, (excellent) and two of their "burger"-the one with spinach and potato and the one with tofu and quinoa. Both excellent,as well as the little bit of grilled zuchinini. Extremely friendly service. The owner also is one of the two workers there and she is funny,friendly and helpful. The place quickly feels like a home away from home,especially if you come in with a child/baby. She ended up babysitting our 14 month old while we ate! We hope to go back one day,if only for the friendly service.
I might also add that the prices are much friendlier than most places in Rome. For a huge meal of pie,soup, two burgers (by the way,the burgers are bun-less), a barely salad, a juice,coffee,tea and whiskey,the cost was "only" 4€!

Pros: good,warm food, extremely friendly,warm service, cute and cozy

Cons: a bit out of the way from the center, much of the food from packages

Return to Rome Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Bio Bio Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 255 times since Aug 2007.