bio&bio

• FRIEND
  • Health-food-store Health Store
+385-20311614

Vukovarska 36 (at Tommy Centar), Dubrovnik, Croatia

Organic market with locations throughout Croatia as well an online shop. Offers a wide selection of certified organic products: vegetarian and vegan food as well as gluten-free and lactose-free products, nutritional supplements, cosmetics and eco friendly cleaning products. Open Mon-Fri 08:00-21:00, Sat 09:00-15:00.

First Review by Adnan

svanloon88

Points +211

08 Sep 2019

Great for on the go lunches - Edit

Small but well worth the stop on our way into old town. We stocked up on breakfast and lunch stuff to last a couple days to avoid the crowds, high prices, and limited vegan options inside the city walls.

Pros: Vegan options for on the go lunches and breakfasts

Cons: Limited produce, but right next to Tommy' for that

sbeekay

Points +24

16 May 2019

Great place for vegans - Edit

It reminds me of a small Planet Organic. Very small but the fridge section has lots of options. I purchased a tofu sandwich, soya yoghurt, 2 cakes and I can confirm everything was yum!

Pros: Lots of tofu and seitan

Cons: Small

VegoChouffe

Points +368

02 Mar 2019

Worth the walk! - Edit

Loads of vegan goodies that we had never seen/tried before. Really useful as we were self-catering and the regular supermarkets weren’t so great for vegan products. Definitely worth the walk 💚

MattRuscigno

Points +103

05 Oct 2018

health food store with decent prices - Edit

We walked the two kilometers from old town and it was so so worth it. Dubrovnik is crazy expensive so we’re cooking ourselves and this place is a lifesaver.

Pros: vegan cheeses and meats , good prices , a few prepared options

Cons: away from old town

morbidbookworm

Points +66

17 Aug 2018

Great choice of vegan goodies - Edit

Very easy to find, parking available/ easy accessible by bus from Pile. Staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. Thumbs up!!

Pros: Variety of soya based milk, cheeses and yogurts. , Lots of chocolates, Rice ice cream

TravellingVegan&Frodo

Points +22

13 Aug 2018

Tones of vegan food - Edit

Amazing place!! I am so excited I have found it! Baked savoury and sweet vegan treats, kombucha, dried fruit, vegan cheeses, vegan meats, tofu, juices, supplements. I will get my airplane snacks here too! Very glad this place is here :)

Asia200

Points +18

03 May 2018

Ice cream must have! - Edit

Cute, small shop with a lot of vegan products. I am not sure about prices because I was interested in ice cream only. It was worth an effort! You can find two fridges full of vegan ice cream. Fenomenal.. Delicious😋😄

candybaaby

Points +320

21 Sep 2017

cute store - Edit

I visited this store recently after basically living at Bio & Bio across Croatia. I'm super grateful there's one in Dubrovnik but we were staying in the old town and it seemed a bit far to just pop in and grab some groceries so I didn't go until our last day just because that's the only day I had spare time. The bus from Plier took maybe 10 minutes or less. As recommended, I took bus 6 for a total of 4 kunar, return and got off at stop 3. I originally thought it was stop 4 but o could see the signage on the street, right next to the stop saying Tommy and Bio &a Bio. Once you're off the bus, follow the sign, go up the escalator and you'll see it on your left. There was almost no produce the day I went, maybe 2 onions and a few potatoes. No sandwiches and a couple of cakes. The shelves however were stocked well so I had plenty to choose from. When I finished, I went back down the escalator and a number 6 bus was waiting outside so no wait time. It took about half an hour to get back to Plier but well worth it considering all the food I bought my bus tickets was less than I would have spent eating out. Would recommend making the trip, even if only to save some pennies on food while travelling.

Pros: cost, short bus ride

Cons: lack of produce, location not in old town

autobusas

Points +16

Vegetarian
15 Jul 2017

Better than expected - Edit

I was pleasantly surprised with the choice in the store, because after reading the reviews I didn't expect much but found some german products that I like and also Bonsoy, Japanese soy milk! Another place to look for vegan foods is the drugstore called 'dm'. It is located near the entrance to the old city. I's a German store so they have some tofu, vegan sausages, plant milks and prepared meals like chili sin carne or curry.

Pros: Lots of choice compared to local supermarkets

Lucylu

Points +272

28 Apr 2017

reasonable vegan selection - Edit

Tofu, chocolate, staples available.

Pros: adequate vegan product selection, lots of tofu

Cons: quite far from old town

NarayamaBushiko

Points +19

Mostly Veg
22 Aug 2016

Tommy Centar - Edit

The location at Tommy Centar is right. The store is small and with a choice of items and a few fruits.

Pros: Few amount of items

earthville

Points +5807

07 Oct 2015

organic chain - Edit

I've been to 2 other bio and bio locations and it's a great organic chain with numerous vegan items.

CLRtraveller

Points +3319

10 Dec 2012

good store - Edit

Take bus 6 (or others) four stops from Pile Gate to the stop in front of the Tommy store. Just opposite the door into Tommy is Bio&Bio. Buy bus ticket in advance at ticket office at Pile Gate stop for 12kn, which is good for all travel within one hour. It's a one-way street, so when finished at the shop, cross street, walk around through the gas station and cross street to bus stop heading back to Pile.
Shop has a good array of products, a few frozen items, a refrigerated section, packaged grains, etc. Jars, bottles, snack bars, corn chips, rice cakes, juice, alternative milks. I bought some nice hummus made with pumpkin oil.
This store seems to be unique in Dubrovnik. Let's support it!

Pros: good selection

BlisterBlue

Points +717

11 Sep 2012

Good options for vegans - Edit

It's really hard to eat in Dubrovnik if you are vegan so going shopping to that store is quite a good option.
The shop is small but you can find everything you need to make a good vegetarian/vegan meal: tofu, pâtés, lots of different seitan "meat".
Take bus lign n°6 from Pile to go there (approx. 10 minutes)

Pros: ideal for vegans

Cons: far from old city

Adnan

Points +53

Vegetarian
20 May 2008

Saves the day - Edit

If you are vacationing in Dubrovnik for a few days you are better off cooking your own food. Forget eating out; it is expensive and most menus choices end with weak appetizers. Bio&Bio really saves the day. This place is as good as any health food market in the States.

Pros: good selection , nice staff

Cons: location , parking

Return to Dubrovnik Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has bio&bio closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.