First Review by Minni

Expensive for what it is! - Edit

The restaurant is fairly clean and quite. maybe quite though due to the high prices. The menu is extensive when looking for imitation meat selections. Personally when i eat vegan am looking for an abundance of fruit and vegetable dishes raw or cooked. Here there are little choice to choose from without the imitation meats included. I had 4 dishes in total Bacon Imitation Fried Rice (37 RMB), Bok Choi and Mushrooms (38 RMB), Broccoli in Gravy Sauce (38 RMB), and Chongqing Girl (Mushroom with spicy peppers) (68 RMB). Total 182 RMB (£18 Hardly moderate price). As for the food delivered, well the dishes are very simple and do taste good with very little amounts of oil. But afterwards I was still hungry due to the dishes being too small. After checking out as a leaving gift, me and my friend was given a 2015 Calendar (It felt like a consolation prize). I wouldn't recommend this restaurant personally unless you have money to burn and are looking for something rare and quiet.

Pros: Lots of imitation meat options, Quiet Place, Friendly Staff Will get a gift to take away (Calen

Cons: Expensive Not enough fruit or vegetable dish chioc

Slightly disappointed - Edit

We found the food to be OK here - we had mushroom noodle soup and a starter each of mock meat. Whilst the lady that served us spoke good English and was very friendly there were a few things we weren't so keen on...
- After we ordered our food the lady told us about some natural soap that they were selling. She even went and got some of it to show us and tried to sell it to us. It felt a bit awkward when we tried to politely decline.
- The prices seemed a little higher than other places of similar quality.
- We ordered two starters of mock meat which came on one plate and I'm sure was only one portion but we were charged with two.
Updated from previous review on Thursday September 19, 2013

Updated from previous review on Thursday September 19, 2013

Pros: Food OK, Cozy restaurant, Friendly staff

Cons: Try to flog you stuff, Expensive

Friendly staff - Edit

According to a Tianjin tourist guide, the English name of this restaurant is Kind Lotus. However, you can't see the English name anywhere so look for the Chinese characters. There is also a lotus lamp by the doorway.

The food at the place was fine, I recommend the meat balls. It's a Buddhist place, so they don't use the five pungent plants. They did however have a couple of drinks that had alcohol in them. They don't use meat or eggs, but some dishes might have dairy in them. So if you're vegan, tell the staff and they can recommend you vegan options. The menu is fully in English as well as in Chinese and has pictures. We only spoke Chinese to the staff, so we don't know if they were able to speak English or not. The staff was very friendly, they even gave us a gift when we left.

Pros: very friendly staff, good food, good sized portions

Return to Tianjin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bing Di Lian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 822 times since Aug 2009.