CLOSED: Biker Jim's

720-344-2100

1601 Mayberry Ste 103, Highlands Ranch, Colorado, USA, 80129

Serves meat, vegan options available. Local hot dog joint. Has 2 vegan dog varieties plus vegan suitable baked beans and roasted cauliflower.

Categories: Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by cwarrick1

Delicious! - Edit

This place was AWESOME! I was expecting it to be a dumpy hotdog place so I wasn't that excited to check it out, but all the locals kept telling us how great it was. My friend and I stopped in for lunch after we checked out a local brewery. The inside was actually a really nice hipster looking place that was really clean with good music playing. The kitchen was large and open.

I got the vegan herb dog with grilled onions and jalapenos and a side of tahini cauliflower. I was super tempted to get french fries, but didn't want the guilt involved with eating them. I decided I would let the cashier pick for me and she said that the cauliflower was amazing and I should definitely get it. I am not gonna lie, I was a little disappointed she didn't say the fries so that I could eat my guilty pleasure. However, when my food came I was pretty stoked with her decision. The cauliflower was delicious and I could only hope to recreate the tahini sauce that was on it. Now, I have never had a REAL hot dog because I have been vegan most of my life (got grossed out as a child) and my mom actually doesn't remember me ever eating meat (ate fish until I was 8). That being said, I finally get America's obsession with hot dogs!! Let's start with the bun - this shit was fresh, fluffy, and flaky at the same time. I want to know where I can get buns like this at home in Sacramento! The dog itself was pretty good. It was more mushy than a lot of other vegan sausages that I have had, but I liked it. It came with lots of grilled onions and jalapenos that were also delicious. They didn't skimp on the toppings at all and you could tell that they used quality ingredients.

Even the mustard and ketchup were super good. The ketchup had like 4 REAL ingredients in it and was from a local place in Denver. I want to look into getting some of the ketchup back home too - the best that I have ever had! I also thoroughly enjoyed the relish on top. The dog was loaded with amazing flavor and melted in your mouth. I will totally go back!

Pros: Excellent Food, Full of Flavor, Fresh and local ingredients

Vegan options yeah! - Edit

It's super hard to find a Resturant with meat for my man and tasty vegetables and vegan food for me. This place has both! Loved the spicy vegan dog and chard tahini cauliflower. The service was excellent too!

Great spot! - Edit

This is a very nice locally owned restaurant. They serve very unusual hot dogs, including a spicy and regular vegan dog. They have all different types of sauces to top your dog. They also have a few different sides for vegans. They baked beans are great and my favorite item in the menu is the tahini roasted cauliflower. They staff is very friendly. Also a location near Coors field!

Pros: Good food!, Lots of choices, Great parking

Return to Highlands Ranch Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Biker Jim's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.