First Review by Charles Monkhouse

Wonderful little cafe - Edit

We found this little place on this website which was so helpful. We have eaten in just about every cafe in this town but never have found anything so perfect. This lunch was for a special occasion and I didn't want to leave it to chance. My wife and daughter both very difficult customers, my wife is vegetarian and my daughter vegan but very fussy. She loved her specially made vegan meal, we did call ahead and they made her the tastiest vegan pate and vegetable tagine. All tasted great and the staff impressed her with their knowledge and interest in food and ingredients used. My wife and I had some lovely olives and local bread to start. I had a great ploughman's with some great tasting cheddar (Welsh of course!) my wife had some fab Welsh rarebit again very good not like the usual slimy version we have been served elsewhere. We didn't have room for any of the lovely cake so took home a selection of vegan cake for tea, Wow! the lemon drizzle and blueberry vegan cake was so good. Well not only the food was very good, staff so friendly and helpful and seemed to welcome vegans (my daughter informs me this is not the norm!) the actual building is lovely and very quirky. We were fortunate for a dry and sunny few hours so enjoyed sitting in the tiny courtyard, a real sun trap. Perfect for having a bottle of Prosseco (suitable for vegans of course!) We will be back for an evening meal, they are opening on Saturday nights for the rest of the summer so will definitely have to give that a try.

Pros: Very accommodating staff, Excellant food, Tasteful decor/building

Cons: Not in Crickhowell!!

Has CLOSED: Bijou Deli Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.