CLOSED: Bihm Bam Bho

• Vegan

Contact 0404945474

6-8 O'Connell Street, Newtown, New South Wales, 2042

Little cafe established in Feb 2013 at the back of the Berkelouw Book store. You could sit and read and have something to eat. All food is vegan, from rice paper rolls and house-made dumplings to salads and Vietnamese baguettes. SHUT DOWN JULY 2013, CONFIRMED BY OWNER.

Category: Vegan, Take-out, Fusion, Vietnamese

First Review by veganskinhead

Great place, great food. - Edit

I visited with a friend for lunch on a wet, dreary day (once we'd realised that it was at the back of the bookshop), having found the first couple of vegan places we tried were closed. Getting wet and stomping around in the rain to eat was worth it.

Set aside some time as everything is made to order, so if you are expecting a quick lunch, you may be disappointed. It's worth the wait, as the food is fresh, looks gorgeous and is delicious. The chocolate dumplings (dessert) are amazing, but it seems a little harsh to single them out, as everything was brilliant. As food is made to order, any allergies or dislikes can be taken into account (such as my friend's dislike of chilli).

The owner is really lovely, and I hope she does well with her new place.

Just wish I lived in Sydney!

Pros: Fantastic dishes, Lovely owner, Interesting location

Return to Newtown Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Bihm Bam Bho closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 131 times since Mar 2013.