Big Life Whole Foods Bakery

Contact 902-444-3830

84 Portland St (at downtown), Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, NS B2Y 1H2

Serves meat, vegan options available. A branch of this whole food bakery cafe from Halifax, opened Jul 2013. Offers baked goods, soups, pizza that can be made vegan and gluten-free. Open .

Category: Lacto, American, Pizza, Western, Take-out, Bakery, Canadian, Non-veg

First Review by Friendlyjj

Awesome - Edit

I actually had fairly low expectations going in here as I had heard it was extremely expensive and the food was just okay. It's a cozy little eat-in or take out bakery/cafe. The menu is small but still has lots of options for vegans. The gentleman working was really friendly and was happy to tell us the vegan products they offer. The menu includes a seitan sandwich and lentil burger, as well as other items more for breakfast as well. All their baked goods are also vegan and they offer both soy and almond milk for coffee drinks.

We both ordered a seitan sandwich, which does normally come with mayo and honey mustard, so he made it without and added dijon instead. We also ordered a chocolate chip cookie and a oatmeal raisin cookie, 2 organic root beers and a bag of hot cross buns. We were actually really happy with the total amount of the meal. It's also nice because tax is included in all the prices so their no guessing games.

The food was tasty and I definitely will be back to try some other products they sell.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Vegan Bakery

Return to Dartmouth Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Big Life Whole Foods Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1000 times since Aug 2013.