Big Apple

Contact n/a

Fiolstaede 18, DK, Copenhagen, Denmark,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Juice bar/cafe serves a large selection of juices and sandwiches (made with made-in-house wheat-free/yeast-free bread). There is one vegan sandwich on menu, but the staff will happily custom make something for you with ingredients such as hummus, avocado and many other veggies. Mon-Fri 7:00am-7:00pm, Sat 9:00am-6:00pm, Sun 10:00am-5:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by insan0r

Great vegan sandwich - Edit

I eat a vegan sandwich here 3 - 4 times a month. They only have the one sandwich option but I love the hummus/avocado combo. Tasted a vegan soup today which was perfect!

A lot of place for improvement - Edit

I was here a few weeks ago by myself when I was visiting Copenhagen for a few days. I ordered their Vegan sandwhich, but they were out of hummus! I was rather disappointed, they offered to add guacamole instead. I also ordered the Toxin Blaster juice, which contains apple, lemon and chili, though I could not taste the chili at all. Again, a bit disappointed. Though I must say that the whole grain bread they used for the sandwhich was amazing! Very delicious, good crisp on the outside, soft on the inside. Also, the decor was beautiful, very stylish and cozy. The staff could be more attentive. I wanted to compliment the decor, but the two guys working there were just talking to eachother and didn't even notice me...

Pros: amazing bread, beautiful decor

Cons: unattentive staff, lacking ingredients

Nice and homely, Average, Needs improvement - Edit

Walking in the city centre and came across this sign. They only have 1 vegan sandwich and juices. But still great to see that even.This place was accidentally found without Happy Cow.

This is not a restaurant It only has one Vegan option as a sandwich. Its a good place for a snack. The sandwich was nice and so was the ginger, apple juice and mint juice.

Pros: Nice sandwich, Freshly squeesed juices

Cons: Only one Vegan Option, Has Meat

Big Apple - Edit

One vegan sandwich on the menu, which makes it easy to choose. A wide variety of juices. I had the sandwich with hummus, avocado, olives and bell peppers and a juice with apples, pineapple and passion fruit. Delicious. Next time I'll try the sandwich with the ginger dressing, I was suggested.

Very friendly staff. The first thing that happened when I entered the cafe on a cold day, was that the guy behind the counter handed me a tissue for my glasses, that were rapidly beginning to steam up. Will be returning.

Pros: Knowledgable and friendly staff, Local juicebar, Flexible

simple but good - Edit

I really liked this place. Only one vegan option but it's a very tasty one as described by other reviewers :) I'm also a fan of their coffee (that you can get with soy milk) and juices

Pros: good location, good portion, cozy atmosphere

Excellent vegan sandwich! - Edit

I'm often in the city center for school, where there is not many options for vegans. I stumbled upon this shop one day when I peaked in the window and saw that they had a vegan sandwich. They might not have many options in general there, but what they do have they do it well. The sandwich is made on yeast-free and wheat-free bread that is delivered daily. It has a generous portion of hummus, red peppers and olives. It does come with a pesto, which I'm not sure is vegan, but they will offer other options such as a ginger dressing,though the sandwich doesn't need this. This sandwich is filling and delicious. I usually have it at least once a week.

They also have a lovely selection of juices, as well as really nice loose teas,and the regular coffee selections (sorry, I don't drink coffee at all).

The best part of the place, besides the cozy decor(they also have an upstairs that has a giant bed you can sit on!) is the staff. The owner seems to always be in,and he really goes out of his way to get to know his regular customers. The service there is unlike anything I have come across in Denmark. As an ex-pat from NYC, I was quite use to friendly staff who cares about the customers, but this is the first place I've found this since moving to Copenhagen.

I highly recommend this shop, if you're looking for a cozy but low-key hang out with juice, sandwich or even just tea and coffee with some friends.

Pros: Great food, Cozy and unique-looking shop, Very friendly and kinf staff

Cons: Could have more selections (?)

Friendly Staff, Tasty Sandwich - Edit

They serve fair trade coffee, for a reasonable price. Tasty smoothies and a real good vegan sandwich. The interrior is also very nice, we loved this place for breakfast since it was next to our hotel.

Return to Copenhagen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Big Apple closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2693 times since Nov 2013.