• Big Al's Healthy Foods

American
Fast food
Take-out
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has veggie sandwiches, wraps, and burritos. Fresh carrot juice. Quick service. Est. 1972. Open Mon-Sat 10:30am-4:00pm.

Venue map for Big Al's Healthy Foods
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by EmilyBethNelson

OliviaT

Points +14

Non Veg
08 Feb 2018

great wraps!

Great stop for a quick bite that you won’t feel guilty about! I had the Zadzeekee wrap. Refreshing lunch!

Pros: casual, plenty of vegetarian options, smoothie menu too

Julie Sapulpa

Points +16

16 Feb 2014

What a great find!

I had lunch at Big Al's with my non-vegan son. I love finding places where we can both have what we want and be happy. I had the Deluxe Veggie pita sandwich and a side of red pepper hummus. They were so nice when I asked for a dip of just tahini instead of their usual yogurt/tahini dip for the sandwich, and suggested a substitution of avocado since I didn't want cheese on the sandwich. Yummy. The hummus could have used more garlic, but I understand they have to cater to everyone's palate, and I like hummus to have A LOT of garlic. My son also loved his chicken Caesar wrap. We will definitely visit Big Al's again.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Unsweetened iced green tea

jjj2014

Points +64

09 Jan 2014

One of the best Veg places in Tulsa

They have several vegetarian sandwiches, not quiet as good if you order vegan, but overall good for Tulsa! And healthy!

Pros: good vegetarian sandwiches, good gaucamole , several veg options

Cons: need more vegan options

NomNomNominator

Points +124

Mostly Veg
23 Dec 2013

Great Food

Ordered out and had a taco bowl. The avocado is actually guac but it was delicious. They were handsomely generous with their pintos and guac. All delicious. Mother had a avocado pita and can't stop talking about it. Boy friend had a meat something or other and was pleased. Would eat here again and definitely recommend it to other veggie friends.

Pros: Generous portions, Fresh produce

Cons: Sometimes the listed avocado is guacamole

EmilyBethNelson

Points +20

12 Jun 2012

Good stuff!

My friend introduced me to this place a couple of weeks ago. I've now been there a few times and have been pleased on all visits. I am vegan and their options consist of sandwiches, soups, hummus, taboli and even cookies. Super awesome lunch establishment!

Pros: Vegan options, Healthy

Cons: Limited hours