CLOSED: Bia Kitchen Vegan Diner - Food Stall

• ( 34 reviews )

Stalls 54/55 Market Place, Norwich, England, NR2 1ND

Offers grab n go vegan breakfast and lunch food at Norwich Market. Menu changes weekly with sample items such as burritos, arancini, katsu curry, and many American diner style dishes. Uses recipes that are ordinarily not vegan and put a vegan spin on it. Reported closed Feb 2019.

Categories: Vegan, Fast food, British, Breakfast

First Review by TheEverydayVegan

izzygyde

Points +42

19 Dec 2018

So good

Affordable and very nice😄

Pros: all vegan

alpha-bunny

Points +49

21 Nov 2018

Yummy but messy!

Had the Hoagie, was soo yum, soft toasted bread, vegan meatballs, vegan cheese. Cool retro takeout tray.
Will be going back

Nataliaeldridge

Points +48

12 Nov 2018

Everyones favourite market food!

Bia's is much loved by vegans and non-vegans alike in Norwich. Their caulifire bites and garlic aioli sauce are legendary, I cannot make an order without them on the side as they are so delicious.
Their menu changes every now and then. All good is freshly made on the stall to order.
Try the beet burger!!
Bia's is my fave food spot in Norwich.

Pros: Completely vegan kitchen, Central city location, Great food!

HilB

Points +143

21 Aug 2018

Delicious lunch in the market

Lovely lunch from this vegan stall in Norwich market - I had a spicy bean burrito with vegan cheese. We’d meant to go to their restaurant the following night but it was fully booked til 9 so we will make sure to book early on our next trip.

Pros: All vegan!

veggieweggie

Points +41

14 Jul 2018

So tasty!!

Had one of their jackfruit burgers and fried spicy caulifower (I requested they skip the hotsauce as I'm not too good with spice and they were perfectly okay with that!) and it was to die for. Friendly servers too! They also sell cute little vegan pin accessories and snacks from Paul the Hench Herbivore 💪
Every time I go past this place it seems to have a queue longer than any of the non-veg market stalls - awesome to see - yet still got the food quickly. Definately got back at some point to try out some of the other stuff on their menue!

Pros: Entirely vegan & yummy food, Great prices (£5ish), Friendly servers

dancurzon

Points +16

22 May 2018

Simply the best.

Bia Kitchen is easily one of the best places to eat when in Norwich.

The staff are super friendly despite how busy it can get sometimes on a Saturday afternoon and will always keep a smile on their face and talk to you.

The food is next level, everything is obviously vegan and it's nice to see dishes that everyone loves being made as vegan. Their breakfast bap (with the extra patty, obviously) is my regular go to - two sausage patties with scrambled tofu and baconnaise in a crusty roll, and it's brilliant. I was actually eating these over anything else in Norwich waaaay before I even considered going vegan.

Everything else on the menu is great too, from the pulled jackfruit baps, to the buffalo cauliflower wings and then the tofu katsu curry to the poboy subs. And it's really good pricing as well, it's cheaper than popping to McDonalds for a Big Mac - so worth it.

Fantastic little place, the heart of Norwich market.

Pros: Excellent food / variety., Great pricing., Friendly staff!

Cons: Can get busy (not that it's a bad thing)

MollyGould

Points +159

21 Jan 2018

Best place for vegan street food

The love I have for this place is unreal. Amazing, quick and easy vegan food. From BLT’s to Katsu curries. There is a little something for everyone. And you can’t conplain about the price. Definitely worth a lunch time look in.

Pros: Value, Quality, Location

Cons: No seating

llamahead

Points +24

01 Nov 2017

Great food

Delicious food. Average £5 an item. Cooked to order. Friendly staff. Usually one of the busier stalls, but even with massive questions, wait is never more than four or five minutes. Get there off-peak to avoid a mosh pit!

Pros: Great-tasting food, Nice staff, Food made quickly

Cons: Long ques makes it hard to get through

AlvinCoxall

Points +131

10 Oct 2017

Amazing!

Have been to Bia Kitchen a fair few times now, and every time the food has been amazing.

Really nice staff, really nice food options, and quickly made.

Pros: Really good food, Cheap, Quick

Cons: Nowhere to sit down

rubyamym

Points +24

04 Oct 2017

Delicious!

Brilliant menu from breakfast to late lunch!
Specials keep the menu changing regularly especially love the sweet beet!

Pros: All the pros , Sweet Beet , Breakfast Bap

Cons: None of the cons , That I can't have all the food

VeganAnnaS

Points +2129

25 Sep 2017

Delicious

The pulled jackfruit bap was delicious, the sauce was really tasty without being too fiery. The cauliflower bites were a bit oily for my liking but this is fast food. Everything is cooked to order and the service is efficient and friendly.
There are benches at the top of the market which are a lovely spot to eat your food if the weather is fine.

Pros: Tasty food, Good value for money, Right in the centre of Norwich

Yazmin21_

Points +135

07 Aug 2017

So good

Great food and speedy service.
BEST BLTs EVER!

Frogalina

Points +560

23 Jul 2017

tasty

Good menu. BLT in a wholemeal bagel was tasty, cauliflower wings were pretty good (but my husband makes better!)

problems

Points +84

22 Jul 2017

Forgive me padre for I have sinned

OK I've been to quite a few vegan junk food places like this now around the UK (shoutout to Vx Bristol, Vegan Hippo Soho etc). They've all been brilliant, but Bia was the best by FAR. Absolutely amazing food, delicious flavours with an American diner theme and lots of choices. Enough to make me wonder why I ever ate meat at all. Lovely staff. Such a treat in the heart of Norwich market 😍

Pros: Lots of different spices, flavours and choices, Accept card payments

Cons: Nowhere to sit, although on a nice day wander outs

xemilyalyce_

Points +13

Vegetarian
20 Jun 2017

Love!

Absolutely love this place. Often stop by to grab lunch when I am in the city. Have tried many of the dishes now and I am always impressed.

Even my omni boyfriend has been eyeing things up, however haven't got him to try anything... yet!

unicornninja

Points +57

02 Jun 2017

must go here

Omg best thing I've eaten in a wile that was cooked by someone else. If your in Norwich you must try this place. There super friendly and they are really good at they job. Try the coffee

Pros: all vegan , yummy, lots of choice

Cons: menu roteion, a Lil small

JackieBurnham

Points +92

12 May 2017

jackfruit burgers so meat like I felt guilty!

Closest thing to a meat burger you will ever eat.
All the other food is great too.

veronicawhite

Points +37

14 Apr 2017

Favourite market stall

Love stopping here for a vegan treat while I'm in town. A definite must for anyone vegan in Norwich.

FleaAFC

Points +33

17 Dec 2016

Great snacks.

Excellent value for money and tasty snacks too. What's not to love.

jteverson

Points +32

06 Dec 2016

Great original vegan options

With a rotating menu of 5 key items available each week, Bia is a very welcome addition to the historic Norwich market. I have never had a bad choice here - sampling the pulled jack bap, breakfast bap, katsu curry and mushroom po-boy (this converted me to loving mushrooms - so it must be good!) Always cooked to order and the cauliflower bites should't be missed. Now that they are open on Sundays, I will visit even more often! My dad is a meat eater and I told him to try the pulled jack bap and he couldn't believe that it wasn't meat!

Pros: Changing menu, Delicious food, Unique vegan choices

Cons: No seating, Sometimes sells out of options during busy periods

greentea&tofu

Points +60

03 Dec 2016

A lovely little place

I came here with with my husband and we both had the breakfast bap. He loved it, in fact he loved it so much he ate mine. I on the other hand didn't enjoy it, but I think that's more to personal taste, not because it was bad. I'm a bit funny about sausage flavoured things, but if you're not then you should go here. Everything else was great, friendly staff, nice presentation and good options.

Pros: Nice vegan food, friendly staff, fair price

Andy Dewar

Points +28

29 Oct 2016

Top quality food

All you could ever want: all vegan, friendly, rapid service and really, really delicious food. 11 out of 10.

Pros: Quality, Service, Value

schmoogie7

Points +53

13 Sep 2016

Amazing place to eat :P

I went to this beauty of a stall today. The 3 ladies there rock!!! Such lovely women. We had a good chinwag. My partner and I had a deeeeeeeeeeeelicious pulled BBQ Jackfruit bap with red cabbage. I had the gluten free bap(nice touch). Wow-eee... very tasty. The dude also had a yummy spicy burrito. Generous portions. We are gutted we don't live closer to visit all the time :D We also got a lovely little freebie off these sweethearts. A brownie and salted caramel energy ball. So kind of Michelle. Very tasty too. I just had to sign up to Happy Cow to review as they so deserve the praise. Thank you ladies. We'll definitely be back Saturday before we go back to London... if not before ha. Keep up your awesome hard work and makes me so proud to be Vegan to see people repping such a wonderful cause. Yaaay... go Vegan *fist pump*

Pros: Awesomeness ladies, Scrumptious food, Fantastic and fair prices

Cons: You don't live in London ha

Libra77

Points +863

29 Aug 2016

Bia Kitchen

Bia Kitchen is a stall in the busy market area in Norwich city centre. The stalls are numbered so I found it easy to locate.

Small menu of takeaway foods but even though the range wasn't huge, I had difficulty choosing because it all sounded great. I eventually picked the hoagie sub which did not disappoint. Service was very quick and staff friendly. Price was also reasonable.

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-29

Pros: Quick and friendly service , Central location

adipodean

Points +34

Vegetarian
30 Jul 2016

Vegan street food!

Good street food is a relative rarity in the UK, but Bia ticks that box. The menu contains mostly snack foods, but are all very tasty. The pulled jack bap is a big favourite (with jackfruit replacing pulled pork).

DoktorJoy

Points +11

26 Jun 2016

Excellent

Friendly staff. Good range of foods including snacks and treats. Good value. I had and would recommend the burrito - the brownies are excellent. All told a lucky chance find as we stumbled across it while browsing the market. Very pleased that we did.

Happycanary

Points +15

22 Jan 2016

Great Food for all food lovers

I love this place everybody should eat here. The food here is fantastic and you do not have to be a vegan to enjoy it. The flavours the variety and the quantity are first class, and it's inexpensive. The girls that run Bia Kitchen are so friendly and welcoming, thank you you are a very welcome addition to the market.

Pros: Great Food for all, Inexpensive, Friendly owners

Cons: None found yet

Return to Norwich Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bia Kitchen Vegan Diner - Food Stall closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.