• Catering Catering
  • Vegan

Contact 504-617-2652

New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA,

Its upstairs space at 2600 Chartres upstairs of Feelings Cafe had shut as of Jan 2015 but still offers occasional pop-up / catering. AS OF AUG 2015 NO ACTIVITY. Open .

First Review by Pete Farrugia

loved it - Edit

My husband and I visited Bhava last night. I had the tofu crab cakes as a starter and then the sweet potato buckwheat crepes for my entree. My husband got the soup of the day and tamales. We split a lemon tart for dessert. Everything was incredibly delicious! We will definitely visit again next time we're in New Orleans.

Wish I Had Brought A Date - Edit

I loved my experience here. The staff actually made me feel special from the moment I walked in. And because the restaurant is upstairs and down a back hallway, it feels like a hidden treasure. My dinner was delicious. I'd describe it but I ate there on my visit a few months ago and can't remember exactly what I had and their website doesn't have the menu on it, so I can't give a detailed description.
This is a lovely date spot. I was there alone so I sat on the balcony spied on a dinner party in the restaurant below me for entertainment.

Pros: Romantic, Lovely Staff, Delicious

Cons: Only Open For 3 Hours 3 Nights A Week! Why?, Menu Not On Website

romantic place & tasty food - Edit

Bhava is a sweet little place with excellent, inventive vegan food. The watermelon soup and nut cheese board were especially great, but everything was delicious and thoughtfully put together. A great addition to the nola food scene!

Creative food, nice atmosphere on the balcony - Edit

Outstanding vegan & vegetarian food & atmosphere. Good service. Very creative, tasty, lightly spiced tapas style items. My wife & I shared 7 items. We sat on the balcony overlooking the beautiful courtyard, with light music playing below for dinner. It us a pleasant 20-30 minute walk down Chartres from the Hyatt French Quarter. This is a great place for formal or casual vegetarian dining. The pumpkin curry soup & kale chips were outstanding. The papas rellenas, quiche & salad, & tofu crabby cakes were also very very good. And we ended with a molten choco cake & one other desert which were great.

Pros: Creative food, Nice romantic balcony, Tapas style small portions

Cons: Higher price, At the far end of the touristy part of t

YUMMM!! - Edit

This was an overall sweet experience for myself and my husband! Within this quaint spot you will find the undeniable charm of New Orleans and love that only a home cooked vegan meal can provide. The chef is from Alabama...how do I know...because she talks to her guests like invites to her home. What an awesome evening with AMAZING cuisine. If the curry pumpkin soup is 9 the menu have it...you're welcome (^_^). My husband is a meat Eater and devoured his stuffed cabbage and half of my tamales. Did I mention the word amazing? Oooh and that lemon pie. Can not wait to return to this hidden gem. I literally had to hug the chef before leaving ♡.

Pros: amazing full vegan menu, quaint and romantic, Downtown New Orleans

A very pleasant experience - Edit

Bhava is an excellent new vegan restaurant in New Orleans. The food was skillfully prepared and attractively presented. The staff were friendly and courteous and the building was beautiful and atmospheric. I will definitely be back next time I'm in the city.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Nice vibe

Return to New Orleans Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Bhava closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6310 times since Nov 2013.