First Review by experimental_setup

Inconsistent name - Edit

I have to join previous reviewers asking why on the one hand invite you to "be vegan", and on the other hand, offer nearly no vegan options. I was initially very happy to discover this very cosy restaurant in the still severely derelict city centre on my trip to Italy in April 2017. I was however puzzled to find only a few vegan options on the menu. The few (2-3) vegan dishes that were avaialble in April 2017 were all beautifully presented, well composed and very tasty. The staff is also very friendly.

The only real disappointment occured on my second visit when I ordered one of the dishes marked as vegetarian, but offered as vegan optionally. My vegetarian partner had that same dish in its vegetarian version on our previous visit. Now I wanted to see what the vegan version looks like.

The disappointment was a fact when I discovered that the dish I was served was the vegetarian version minus all the protein that would otherwise have been served. It became a vegetable only dish. A classic treat when you visit conventional restaurants not very knowledgeable in veganism.

Pros: Cosy, One of few restaurants opened in the city centre, Vegan options

Cons: Too few vegan dishes, Misleading name, No outdoor seatings

Good food but not all vegan - Edit

By the name we thought that the restaurant was fully vegan , but when we read the menu we discovered that is about 70 % maybe vegan and the rest is vegetarian . Not s big issue but why call it Bevegan ??
Anyway it's good to find a veg restaurant in L'Aquila. Food is good , well presented , a little bit overpriced . I give 4 stars instead of 3 because they open it in a place that has suffered a lot after the earthquake. Hope they turned all the menu vegan

Ammirevole coraggio - Edit

Ristorante carino nel centro della città. Uno dei pochi locali aperti dopo il terremoto del 2009 e per questo va una lode ai due giovani titolari che hanno dato prova di amare e credere nella loro città. Ci sono dei menu stagionali con ottimi piatti vegan e vegetariani chiaramente indicati. L'ambiente è accogliente. Il personale cortese.

Pros: I piatti vegan sono tanti e sempre ben curati

Cons: I prezzi sono un po' alti ma sicuramente la si

Unexpected opening in the center of Abruzzo - Edit

My apologies for the long text, but due to the special circumstances there is no other way.

This fully vegetarian place opened just in the winter holidays of 2015 in the historic center of L'Aquila. In case you don't know: this city was struck by a major earthquake in 2009 and has suffered a lot. When you visit the restaurant you'll be walking through a formerly beautiful, now mostly deserted medieval downtown with empty, structurally supported buildings everywhere. Every once in a while the remaining locals open a new place in one of the still usable or repaired buildings, and now they created this unexpected gem.

They serve a seasonal menu and source most ingredients from the region. The menu is 70% or more vegan, all dishes are clearly marked as vegan or vegetarian, and all ingredients are listed. It's a somewhat upscale place, so you should expect to pay ~20 euro plus drinks if you have a full dinner. You could call it modern cuisine using traditional ingredients. They also appear to have a basement with a wine bar but I didn't check that out.

I've visited 3 times now and experienced the change from winter to spring menu. Honestly it's one of the best vegetarian restaurants I've been to in Italy.

To find this in Abruzzo of all places is just incredible. Will return as often as possible.

Closed Mondays.
Updated from previous review on Sunday March 20, 2016

Pros: It's in L'Aquila

Cons: It's in L'Aquila

Return to L Aquila Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has beVegan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.