First Review by msmayz

has some rare items - Edit

I respect the opinion of the reviewer below who clearly has more experience with this place, but I spent some time in Charlotte and want to note that Berrybrook does have some random things, even with their much smaller inventory, that aren't available at Talley's down the street. I always go to Talley's first, but was able to find at Berrybrook the frozen blue-green algae that I like, which is really hard to get retail, so I was pleased. Staff was perfectly nice and helpful in my few visits. It kind of takes me back as it has that feeling of an old-school health food before the era of Whole Foods.

Pros: hard-to-find items, quirky

Cons: a bit densely packed

Unique and spacey, but not all bad - Edit

I've never had a bad experience like the reviewer below, although that's not outside the realm of possibility. Everyone I've dealt with at Berrybrook has always been nice, but in a spacey and slightly detached way. Certain employees have been very helpful; some others don't really care that you're there. Once, an employee gave us a container of fresh tofu salad for free, right before they closed. I used to go to Berrybrook to buy the non-GMO soy protein powder, but I recently found the same stuff (for the same price) at Talley's; now I only go to Berrybrook if Talley's doesn't have it. Bulk item selection is small and a bit more expensive than other places, but they do have lots of hard-to-find items on their shelves. It's a unique experience, as Berrybrook is located in a little log cabin on the corner of East and Kenilworth. As that's a busy intersection, and as their parking lot is small and awkward, it can sometimes be difficult to exit the lot by car. Although Berrybrook technically closes at 7:00 pm, they usually lock the door around 6:45, so you better haul it if you want to make it there after work.

Pros: Unique, They gave us free tofu salad once

Cons: Inconvenient hours, Spacey employees, Small bulk item selection

Return to Charlotte Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Berrybrook Farms closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1384 times since Aug 2007.