First Review by msmayz

has some rare items - Edit

I respect the opinion of the reviewer below who clearly has more experience with this place, but I spent some time in Charlotte and want to note that Berrybrook does have some random things, even with their much smaller inventory, that aren't available at Talley's down the street. I always go to Talley's first, but was able to find at Berrybrook the frozen blue-green algae that I like, which is really hard to get retail, so I was pleased. Staff was perfectly nice and helpful in my few visits. It kind of takes me back as it has that feeling of an old-school health food before the era of Whole Foods.

Pros: hard-to-find items, quirky

Cons: a bit densely packed

Unique and spacey, but not all bad - Edit

I've never had a bad experience like the reviewer below, although that's not outside the realm of possibility. Everyone I've dealt with at Berrybrook has always been nice, but in a spacey and slightly detached way. Certain employees have been very helpful; some others don't really care that you're there. Once, an employee gave us a container of fresh tofu salad for free, right before they closed. I used to go to Berrybrook to buy the non-GMO soy protein powder, but I recently found the same stuff (for the same price) at Talley's; now I only go to Berrybrook if Talley's doesn't have it. Bulk item selection is small and a bit more expensive than other places, but they do have lots of hard-to-find items on their shelves. It's a unique experience, as Berrybrook is located in a little log cabin on the corner of East and Kenilworth. As that's a busy intersection, and as their parking lot is small and awkward, it can sometimes be difficult to exit the lot by car. Although Berrybrook technically closes at 7:00 pm, they usually lock the door around 6:45, so you better haul it if you want to make it there after work.

Pros: Unique, They gave us free tofu salad once

Cons: Inconvenient hours, Spacey employees, Small bulk item selection

danjacks 22 Feb 2013 - I'm sorry we've had employees that have been less then helpful or have had a bad attitude. I hope they are no longer around here. Please let us know if you have a bad experience. As far as closing early, we stay open until after closing time most nights to serve everyone. We have been known to reopen the store if someone comes to the door after closing. Our hours are Mon-Thurs 9-7 and Fri-Sat 9-6. Hope to see you all soon!

Return to Charlotte Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Berrybrook Farms closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.