Benzhen Vegetarian

Contact +852-2337-7733

Tang Lung Street, 25th Fl, no. 28, Circle Centre, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong, China,

本真東后齋 at 銅鑼灣登龍街28號永光中心25樓is a vegan friendly HK style restaurant. Uses honey. Re-branded Jun 2016 from previous name, Queen of the East. Nearest MTR - Causeway Bay exit A. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Chinese, Take-out

First Review by selena

tasty but a little over priced - Edit

A rushed dinner, wasn't made to feel very welcome by waitress, but manager was friendly when I left. Menu looks good, my dish was over priced though: 88 dollars for braised tofu. A few hidden costs.

Nice vegan place - Edit

There are many veg restaurants in Causeway Bay but Benzhen has become my favorite here because of their dim sum and sichuan food. Their dim sum is sooo delicious. I have my non-vegetarian friends with me for dinner here. They are love the food here. My favorite is definitely the deep-fried dumplings (like a mini carrots) and the sichuan spicy lions mane mushroom. I am a little surprised that there are not many customers on the weekday evening here. It's a quiet and nice place for hanging out with friends.

Delicious Food and Good Service in Nice District - Edit

The Food was excellent, and well worth the money. One server was not especially friendly; but the other was exceptionally pleasant. The service was very good, helpful and attentive. This is in a very nice area, the decor is very pleasant, and the prices are appropriate. I will eat here again.

Pros: Excellent Food and Reasonably Priced, Pleasant Decor and Nice Dostrict, Very Good Service

Benzhen - Edit

Located in the 25th floor of a commercial building close to Times Square (you would not stumble upon it, you need to know excatly where to look for to find it).
Staff was very attentive and friendly. They offer quite good lunch deals, whereas the à la carte choices are rather expensive. Therefore Benzhen is a rather sophisticated dining place. They do offer really tasty stuff!
Downside: Only one dessert on the menu, which tasted quite alright, was expensive though.

Pros: high-quality food, nice view, attentive staff

Cons: a bit expensive, lack of dessert choices, freezing cold when AC is running

Great dim sum - Edit

I was here with the Meat Free Hong Kong meetup group for the first time today. I really enjoyed the variety of amazing vegan dim sum they had. BBQ pork buns and the pumpkin with lotus seed paste stuck in my mind and I can only recommend those. Really everything was tasty though. So just order away. Not sure about the vegan status of most dishes on the menu as I never been there on my own (everything was preordered and made sure to be vegan).

Very convenient location and tasty food. The place is a bit small though so it gets crowded at time.
Go there for teatime dim sum and get a great discount!

Pros: Tasty

dim sum lunch - Edit

Went here for yum cha with some friends while in town from Tokyo. Everything we ordered was very good, and the servers were friendly and helpful. We don't speak Cantonese and they had very little English but the menu was in English and we got along just fine pointing. A few things we ordered never made it to the table, but we were stuffed by then and didn't need it. It was not put on the bill. A little over 100HKD per person. Restaurant was full, it was clean, and they were nice. Very good overall!

Pros: nice selection, clean, friendly service

Cons: a few dishes we ordered didn't come

NellieNoFriends 02 Oct 2014 - I was a member of this party and agree 100% with the review. The food was delicious and filling. Lovely atmosphere too.

Return to Hong Kong Island Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Benzhen Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.