Bento Box - North

( 1 review )
+49-2212719230

Neusser Str. 41, Cologne, Germany

Serves meat, vegan options available. Restaurant chain offering Japanese food, including vegan choices such as soup and sushi. Open Mon-Thu 11:30am-10:00pm, Fri 11:30am-10:30pm, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm, 12:00pm-10:30pm.

Categories: Ovo, Japanese, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by mon1que

Cannot recommend - Edit

As a fan of Japanese cuisine I went to the restaurant to get a vegan dish. The staff spoke a little to no English and there was only German menu available. However, I found a small "V" icon in the menu, explained in the legend as a veggie meal. I was surprised to find the Miso soup wasn't marked with the V sign, but I concluded it was a mistake and decided to order it anyway. After scanning the menu for more V options, I picked a fried rice dish with tofu. The soup was delicious and bore no visible signs of animal products so I was content. When the rice arrived, I was surprised to find pieces in it, that looked like an egg, but I concluded the V must have stood for a vegetarian and not a vegan sign. I went through an inner fight whether to try returning the dish with the language barrier in place. I then decided to eat the meal even with the egg. I tried a bite and realized it wasn't an egg, it was an overcooked chicken! I was truly furious, as the meal did carry the V symbol and it would also never cross my mind that someone could actually make a fried rice with tofu AND chicken at the same time. I believe that the locals might enjoy eating here, since they are able to clarify the content of the dish, but I am sure to never visit the place again.

Cons: Staff doesn't speak English, Items marked vegetarian/vegan improperly, Pricey

Return to Cologne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bento Box - North closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.