First Review by froekenlisa

Great Raw Experience - Edit

So this was my first raw-restaurant experience. I ordered the raw samosas and my boyfriend opted for the guacamole with pizza fingers, we also had raw fries, crackers and bread. I was pleasantly surprised by the samosas and the filling – which was slightly sweet but yummy.

Full review on http://www.elephantasticvegan.com/vegan-bratislava-slovakia/

Pros: huge portions, fair prices, friendly staff

Great raw options - Edit

I'm getting more experience with raw, and this place didn't disappoint. I had better raw---but really I had the best, Bemba has a great variety, good portion, good flavours. Portions were so good, my diner companion, who is never satiated, was satiated. Also very fresh ( we were there on a Sunday-a time when most restaurants may not have their freshest ingredients, considering that- the food tasted really fresh). Very creative, the samosas were a dream.... raw vegan sushi had perfect flavours. Service was really friendly and wonderful...and timely. Definetly worth a visit. Additional positive-english menus

Pros: Service!, Great variety, Fresh and tasty food

Cons: price-a bit high

Delicious - Edit

My first raw vegan restaurant experience. I was NOT disappointed! It was well worth the travel and search. Excellent food, huge variety, good service, very tasty, clean place, confortable.
I came with my girlfriend, she is not even vegan and she loved it too!

Pros: Quality, Hygiene, Service

Cons: Location

Amazing raw vegan restaurant - Edit

Bemba is very nice restaurant located in shopping complex Slimak. If you do not know that place it is a bit hard to find it. It is located on top floor. Menu is fully raw and very delicious. I have been there for many many times and never been disappointed. Portions are big enough and very tasty. I highly recommend their raw vegan sushi, raw stuffed paprika as well as raw banana pancakes but it depends on what food you like. Everything I have tried was very good and filling. Interior is very beautiful and colourful. They also have small play area for kids. They accept cash only so be prepared. Every visit here is a pleasure.

Pros: Delicious raw vegan food, Reasonable prices, Beautiful interior

Cons: Cash only, Location

My BEST RAW so far - Edit

I really recommend this place! Very nice food, fresh and tasty. Location is not so "tasty" but it worth to find the way. Must try for sure in Bratislava!

Pros: excellent food, inexpensive, friendly stuff

Cons: side location

Fair - Edit

Fair place when you can get a large choice of salad and vegetarian food.
A bit more expensive than other vegan place and a bit far from city center but they do have very good salade (perfect for summer)

Pros: The salad

Cons: The price, The location

best raw place i've ever been to - Edit

really good vegan raw food! broad selection of smoothies and dishes! little hidden in a "mall"! really nice place

Pros: raw food, broad selection, loads of space

Cons: none

Be BEMBA - Edit

I visited Bemba three times and I am completely convinced that this calm restaurant deserves the highest rating. I was impressed by raw vegan version of pizza, burger or stuffed peppers, everything served as a pleasure for the tongue and the eyes, as well. The dish is prepared in ten minutes or faster and you can spend the time by reading some inventory books, though, yes-mostly in slovak and czech language. The staff was always interested in my satisfaction and always got a positive answer :)

Pros: very delicious, very nice stuff

Cons: location out of downtown

Yummy, super healthy and a treat all over - Edit

My friend and me did a day trip to Bratislava, which is such a lovely city. The old town is downright beautiful and you can feel the impact of the EU (e.g. buildings getting restored)
Beforehand we checked Happy Cow to have a suitable place to eat as although Bratislava is fairly in the west, you feel the Eastern Europe influence on food anyway which is dominated by meat.
To find Bemba you have got to get on a tram (I don't recall which right now, but Google is your friend and you'll find it easily, there are at least two lines going) and then the real adventure begins: Finding it. Now lucky you I'm writing this, it's located on the third floor of a "shopping centre", you have to go round and round but once you've found it HAPPINESS awaits.
The menu is super large and since we weren't able to decide, we took a platter for two and fresh green juice. Everything was raw and super yum. There was a burger, salad, rolls, a little pizza and much more. Definitely worth a try! Although we were fairly full, we wanted still got a desert, cherry strudel. Every bite was a treat and absolutely delicious.
Bemba is run by a young family, there is place for children to play, to read books (they have a shelf but I guess you'd have to know Slovak) and large tables for YOUR whole family to eat. The walls are a colourful light green and the atmosphere is all over friendly and open.
The waitress spoke better German than English, but was always eager to help and communication never was a problem.
If you are in Bratislava, do get on a tram and check Bemba out yourself. It's about 15minutes from the city centre and totally worth it. For our two course menu with drinks we paid about 20€ each. In Germany we would have paid double or thrice the price.
Next time in Bratislava we will definitely make it there again!

Pros: amazing food, healthy, fresh, seasonal, fantastic value

Cons: a little far from the city center, not easy to find

Return to Bratislava Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bemba closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4972 times since Mar 2012.