Belzepub

Contact 774446747

U Rajske Zahrady 14, Praha 3, Prague, Czech Republic, 130 00

Serves meat, vegan options available. A rock and punk themed bar serving tapas, burgers, salads. Vegan choices are a burger, chili, hummus, fries with soyanaise, and a breakfast; ask if uses the same fryer for meatstuff if order fries and onion rings. A house-made soy mixture is used in vegetarian/vegan dishes. Loud at night. Smoking cigarettes allowed. Open Mon-Fri 5:00pm-12:00am, Tue-Sun 12:00am-1:00am, Sat 7:00pm-12:00am. Closed Sun.

Category: American, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by moz

Amazing burgers - Edit

I was there with my friend and I had the Belze vegan burger and she had the Chilli vegan burger. We both liked the Belze burger better but the Chilli one was great too. We then had some fries which were yummy even though a bit oily and salty and onion rings that were good but I probably wouldn't get them next time. Each of us also had a half of the Swiss vegan burger which was good but probably my least favorite. The prices are pretty good, service was okay, music was quite loud but not to the point we couldn't hear each other. I'd go there again even only for the Belze vegan burger. It was sooooo good!!

Pros: The best burger I've ever had, good prices, do

Cons: Serves meats (organic and free range but still :/)

Best burger - worst service - Edit

I really think you have to try their burgers if you're around. It's so hard to find a perfect vegan burger (even in Paris or Berlin where they do have nice burgers restaurants), but this one i had, was one of the best of my life, no kidding !

BUT, you don't have to be afraid of being a bit "roughed" by the bartender.
I didn't feel welcome at all as he talked to me like i was an idiot, with an angry tone.
More openmindedness would be appreciable, especially in a punk/rock bar.

Anyway, the food was great and my belly was happy !

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-09

Pros: Great vegan burgers !, many vegan choices, English menu

Cons: Bad service, Serve meat

Good pub grub - Edit

The service was great when we were at Belzepub - very friendly, great English. There is also an English menu, which is helpful. There are three vegan burgers (vegetarian options of the same burgers are also available), and the onion rings and fries are both marked as vegan. The onion rings weren't the best, they didn't have the nice light batter I'd expect, but they were good for this sort of place. The burgers were excellent! I had the Moroccan burgers, which could have been a bit spicier but was still really good, and they didn't skimp on the hummus. My partner loved the chilli burger, though he said it was very spicy. Both burgers were huge, and came in toasted buns, which is always a plus. It's a real shame about the smoking, because otherwise I'd go there much more frequently.

Pros: Huge, tasty burgers, Friendly service, Good value for money

Cons: Smoking

Best vegan burgers - Edit

I think that this place offers the best vegan burgers in Prague (and lot of my vegan friends agree)! It is a pity that they serve meat as well, that this place is very smoky and full on weekends and sometimes loud (because of tv screening of hokey/footbal), but the taste experience wins :)

Pros: best burgers, good price, big portions

Cons: smokey, noisy, sometimes loud

Anger Management Issues... - Edit

What an unpleasant bar person! Understand he was busy and overworked but he reacted with anger, throwing down the menu when I asked about a burger. I would have walked out there and then but we'd come a long way and my brother was hungry. Also loud and smokey. The burger when it arrived was ok, albeit dry. Fries good. For obvious reasons I did not enquire about the cooking methods and whether things were cooked separately from the meat. Shame about the bad taste left from the service

Return to Prague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Belzepub closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.