Bellwether

904-802-7745

100 N Laura St Ste 100, Jacksonville, Florida, USA, 32202

Serves meat, vegan options available. Full bar, and American comfort food using various Asian ingredients. Can ask for tempeh as a protein substitute. Open Mon 10:30am-3:00pm, Tue 10:30am-7:00pm, Wed-Fri 10:30am-9:30pm, Sat 5:00pm-9:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering, Honey, Non-veg

First Review by BlakeAdele

Really wanted to like - Edit

Very pleasant atmosphere and helpful wait staff. Pleased they had Veg/Vegan/GF options marked on menu, but only one app, one salad and one entree were vegan... Not too bad for the South, though! Oddly, the desert menu was not marked like that and because I didn't inquire, I don't know what the options are for veg/vegan with that menu. I had the charred broccoli as a side and it was delicious. Ordered the Vegan Green Curry for the main course. I unfortunately felt I had to send it back because the sweet potato was raw, and there was barley any green curry sauce included. It was plated beautifully, but I couldn't bring myself to pay $16 for such a subpar dish that mostly consisted of white rice. They were very polite about it and removed it from the bill.

Pros: Great place for a date night, fancier experience

Cons: Limited vegan options, possibly inconsistent with

gave it a try - Edit

We were in the area and wanting to try something new! This place has a great atmosphere and they were happy to cater to vegans. They have 3-4 vegan items on the menu but they offer tempeh as a substitute to convert other items. Order at the counter or sit for full service. Overall it was so yummy!

Return to Jacksonville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bellwether closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.