First Review by feorag

Pancakes of Doom! - Edit

A rainy Saturday morning in Wuppertal, and I felt the need for a substantial breakfast. I'd spotted this café the previous night, it being almost next door to NOI's new location, and knew I had to visit.

They do breakfast, American style, mostly involving pancakes with stuff. And the pancakes are vegan on request. And coffee. Good coffee. Which I needed as my German language skills had not woken up yet. Still, I managed to order in something resembling German - pancakes with mixed fruit, and the much needed double espresso.

The pancakes are made to order, and take some time. I'd forgotten to specify which syrup, and an attempt was made to ask me in English, but the server's English was not quite up to that (perhaps she too needed more coffee?). Guessing her question, I specified "Ahornsirup", natürlich.

And ordered another double espresso.

The wait was worth it. Four thick, fluffy pancakes loaded with several orchards' worth of fruit, drizzled with maple syrup. It took ages to eat, and I wasn't hungry again till after 4pm. Just the start I needed for what turned out to be a 22 hour day!

Pros: massive portions, vegan breakfast, great coffee

Cons: possibly limited English

Return to Wuppertal Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Bellas Cupcakes closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 630 times since Aug 2013.