First Review by Soo

Yummm! - Edit

Lovely atmosphere and typical Ethiopian food, I had the mixed platter with three types of lentils, spinach, potatoes, carrots, tomatoes- perfect! Really nice staff too, I didn't want to leave!
Good value for food too!

Nice Food in nice atmosphere with great staff - Edit

We spend Dec 31st at Bejte and had an amazing time. The food was great, they explained what was vegan and what not on the buffet.
I suggest to have eaten before 8 pm because then is a coffee ceremony that I found lovely. When I'm in Berlin again, I'll go there again!
I suggest: Try the fruit beer that you dring from a bowl and choose the traditional seating - both were special experiences!

Pros: Diverse offer of vegan products, tasty, nice atmosphere and great people

Cons: Still serve meat

Fun and delicious experience - Edit

We went to this restaurant last night after reading the last review. The atmosphere of the restaurant was great, and eating in the traditional way was great fun. The staff were really friendly and helpful. There is not a lot of choice for veggies but what there is is delicious. It was also very cheap. Highly recommended.

Pros: Excellent food, Good value

Cons: Not many veggie options

Great veg food at a bargain in Berlin!! - Edit

Bete ('Pray') Ethiopian is S of Mitte off of Bulowstrasse, and worth any trip! They have a good variety of Ethopian veg. dishes/curries served on the traditional 'pancake' - a fun way to eat. A few items are spicy, but most are pretty tame - you can ask them to make any item not so spicy if you wish. We got a generous dinner for two and a bottle of water for E23 total!! - it was soooo reasonable!! They also serve alcohol, and there is Western seating in front (tables/chairs) and trad. seating (stools/basket tables/benches) in back - very fun. They do have meat, but menus are clear about vegetarian dishes. We will go back there anytime we can!!

Pros: good veg choices, GREAT value!!, super-friendly diff. cultural experience

Cons: small restaurant fills quickly

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bejte Ethiopia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1452 times since Nov 2007.