Beijing Vegan Hut

+86-10-58699856

Stall 0912, 2/F, Bldg 9, Jianwai Soho, 39 Dongsanhuan Zhonglu, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China, 100020

Bejing vegan restaurant. Offers organic dishes including whole grain rice, noodles, dumplings, and pancakes. Non smoking, has Wi-Fi internet. Directions: Subway Line 1 to Guomao Station, take Exit D, walk 50 meters west, turn left at CITC building, go south 50 meters. Name in Chinese 维根小屋. Address in Chinese 北京朝阳区建外soho 9号楼2层9213商铺. Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Vegan, Chinese, International, Organic, Fast food

First Review by turnsleftlooksright

OMG YES!!! - Edit

If you are Vegan this will be your heaven, if you are not vegan this place will blow your mind. not often i write a review but this place deserves it. i had set dinner b with an alcohol free beer, all absolutely delicious ?☮❤☉?

Loved it - Edit

Ate here recently and absolutely loved it.

The menu is in English & Chinese, plus some pictures, and the staff is really friendly, despite the language barrier I had. The dumplings were AMAZING, and the prices aren't bad.

I wish I had gone here sooner, because I would've gone back again.

Pros: All vegan, Friendly

A must-visit for vegans in Beijing - Edit

The food was really good (you must try their dumplings and ice cream!), staff was very friendly and helpful, menu was in English and descriptive so no hassle with selecting your meal. Prices were good and it is very accessible with subway. Perfect for lunch, dinner or even a snack. When in Beijing - visit the friendly people at Vegan Hut!

Pros: Good food, Friendly staff, Good prices

A gem in Beijing! - Edit

I absolutely love the Vegan Hut! We have gone multiple times, and even took the train into the city during a 6-hour layover just to get another chance to dine here! Their food is moderately priced, and their menu includes a great pesto dish and fresh squeezed juices. Highly recommended!

Pros: Tasty and fresh food , Friendly staff , Nice vibe

Cons: Limited seating , Slightly hard to find

Wonderful - Edit

The food was wonderful. We had the cacao mylk (delicious), dumplings (wonderful), kungpao (fabulous). Nice people, great food, tricky to find but worth it.

Great spot - Edit

delicious food, great service, nice atmosphere. the steamed dumplings were amazing.

Wonderful! - Edit

Definitely try this out if you are in Beijing. It's not too far from the Guomao subway stop.

The waitress could only speak a little bit of English but was very hospitable and kind. We ordered dumplings, tofu and vegetables with whole wheat pancake style wraps (maybe their version of Peking duck?), dumplings, noodles and raw ice cream. Everything was good. I also grabbed a packet of the dehydrated apple chips. The total bill was less than 150 yuan! The owner speaks English and there's also cooking ingredients you can buy there, like coconut oil and agave.

Healthy Vegan Restaurant in Beijing - Edit

So happy to have this restaurant in Beijing offering healthy 100% vegan food with amazing raw spaghetti and tomato sauce! Little oil, salt and no MSG so it's great to not only enjoy veganised Chinese dishes like dumplings and stir fries but to have them prepared healthily. The food is home cooked style and the value for money is excellent. I have found some dishes bland but I've also tasted the most flavourful raw vegan food here so try a few dishes. One thing I definitely think needs improvement is the homemade ice cream - it's really not convincing to non vegans that they won't miss the dairy alternative and I think they could do a much better job. Even frozen bananas blended in a vitamix would be more pleasant. Wonderful service, our waiter was really friendly and mentioned he'd spent time in the us so if you don't speak Chinese, you'll have no trouble.
A little hard to find but check out the pictures on happy cow before visiting and you shouldn't have trouble.

Pros: Healthy, Price, Raw food

Cons: Ice cream

Wonderful selection of vegan food - Edit

I've been to this restaurant a number of times and the food is always delicious & excellent value. Highly recommended vegan restaurant if in Beijing.

Pros: Fresh juice available, Delicious food, 100% vegan

simple food but good flavours - Edit

Simple, vegan food, nothing too adventurous but fresh and nice flavours.

Pros: fresh food, tasty food

Excellent Vegan Restaurant - Edit

This restaurant offers a wide range of vegan foods at a convenient location close to the subway station Guomao. The food is lightly seasoned enabling the taste of the food to come through. They also have a range of smoothies.

Pros: Good food, Nice decor

Healthy - Edit

I was there not too long ago. The service was really nice and pretty fast. Most if not all of their ingredients are fresh and organic. The restaurant focuses on health foods, I think their menu is centered around Mc Dougall style low fat high carb diet. The fact that it is so healthy and low oil, low salt I think is the reason many people say the taste is bland, but if you usually don't use so much salt it tastes pretty good ! I talked to the owner, he said his next step would be to improve the taste of his food while keeping it healthy. They do have raw vegan options like smoothies and zucchini spaghetti that was pretty good. I would definitively go back :)

Pros: Raw vegan options, Price, Service

Cons: little hard to find

Quiet and peaceful - Edit

I came here for lunch and had some fresh juice and gyoza dumplings. Food was tasty, especially the juice, and they gave me so much- too much food for one person. It was hard for me to find this place, but once you get to the SOHO buildings, you just have to find building number 9 (there seems to be two buildings that are 9- go to the bigger one that is next to the main road). It is on the second floor, in the corner. It was very quiet when I was there- I sat and read my book while I ate. The people are very nice.

Pros: Good price, nice quiet place, friendly staff

Nice food, slow service - Edit

Service staff was happy to help

Pros: Healthy food, Very tasty, English menu/waiters

Cons: Slow Service but happy to help, Forgot one dish

vegan hut with potential - Edit

This restaurant is really cute - after we finally found it. we came for lunch and soon all the empty seats were taken - a good sign.
But we couldn't order one third that was offered in the menu. Some portions might have been a little bigger, e.g. the quiche (which wasn't even hot, but just lukewarm) and also the mulberry cake (very delicious, hot served but looked terribly miserable).
In the end the restaurant appeared some kind of inconsistent to us. It wasn't too bad, but not the kind highlight we probably expected.

Pros: very nice atmosphere

Cons: Many dishes not available

for a late lunch - Edit

we came at about 230pm, and were the only clients they served the whole time we were there, we a party of two. the menu is vast and varied, and all four items we ordered arrived made fresh and looked it as well. we had the chinese pancake, the beet salad, the clear soup and the baked tofu cutlet. the tofu was fried though.

not wanting to turn away any customers from a much needed vegan experience in beijing, ill simply say the food was not bland, not at all, but was extremely salty. especially the fried tofu and the pancake, super extra salty. a major turn-off, i wish they could address this issue soon. nothing was oily or greasy, and aside from some left over supreme master lithographs, there was nothing but the interior colors saying "loving hut."

we were served by a early 20's couple, both very sleepy and both helpful in their english. service, given we were the only clients, was a bit slow all around.

i wish them the best. i would return if i was again in the area, for certain. i hope they work out the salt issue.

Pros: close by the subway, helpful young wait staff.

Cons: 2nd floor and poor airconditioning

Love this place! - Edit

I ate here three times on my recent visit to Beijing. I'm very happy with the menu's fresh take on vegan/asian & western fusion.

Pros: Reasonable Price, Dessert, Fresh Flavours

great - Edit

Reasonable prices, helpful staff . No signs in English but good directions on happy cow. You will have to ask passerbys

Cons: no signs in English

Return to Beijing Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Beijing Vegan Hut closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.