Beefsteak - Tenleytown

4531 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, District Of Columbia, USA, 20016

Serves meat, vegan options available. Counter service eatery with multiple outlets. First choose leafy greens or a grain and then add vegetables, which can be blanched if you want, and then other toppings like sprouts, seeds, nuts, etc. A few sauces are vegan. Meats are chicken and fish. Open Mon-Sun 10:30am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Salad bar, Take-out, Gluten-free, Non-veg

First Review by cookiem

Create a Masterpiece - Edit

It's nice to have a restaurant like this in Tenleytown where there are so many students and surrounding businesses. I tried it out for lunch and found the ordering process a bit confusing. As soon as I asked for help, one of the staff members walked me through the whole thing -- what I could choose, what I could add, and what sauces/toppings were vegan. It was fun to put everything together and my veggie-grain bowl was delicious. I did not know my veggies were going to be blanched and next time I will know to skip that step. Because you choose what goes in, you can create a different masterpiece every time. And you can increase the health factor by leaving off the sauces.

Pros: friendly staff , quick food , clean, bright space

Vegan ingredients everywhere - Edit

This place is so cool and clean and fresh - I love it! The price seems a bit steep for a salad or grain bowl, but, when you realize that you can add unlimited veggies (except for a few premium items), it's really quite a steal. They also have some tasty juices, too, to round out a healthful feeling.

I would choose to make your own mix, as you can then see what you are adding in and whether it suits your preferences that day.

Everything is vegan unless it is not! How cool is that? All the veggies in the front are raw and vegan. The veggies in general are vegan, except for maybe 3 or 4 items: seaweed salad, kimchi and cucumber salad (they are at the end). Also, the dressings are vegan, but not the yogurt based one or the honey based one (lemon). Other than that, expect all vegan goodness. Have fun and eat your veggies!

Pros: Vegan first!, Veggies galore, Make your own bowl!

Cons: Why is there honey and yogurt?, Not all veg

Return to Washington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Beefsteak - Tenleytown closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.