Beechwood Doughnuts

• Bakery Bakery
  • Vegan
905-682-6887

5 James St, St Catharines, Ontario, Canada, L2R 5B7

Handmade vegan doughnuts, soft serve ice-cream, and non-dairy milk for coffee and tea. Opened in Jan 2015 by several of the folk that made the doughnuts at Rise Above. Closes early when stock is sold out. Open Mon-Sat 10:00am-6:00pm. Sometimes open later if they have doughnuts left over.

First Review by begoodjen

fritters and creme choices! - Edit

They had about 20 choices to choose from and I picked up just about a half dozen. My favorites were the cookies n creme and the coconut creme. There was a line out the door but the process was quick. Great and friendly service. Even friendly neighbors in line as well!

Pros: flavorful, many choices, friendly staff

INCREDIBLE DOUGHNUTS. - Edit

Beechwood Doughnuts are seriously out of this world--definitely better than any doughnuts I've had in Toronto. They were much cheaper too, averaging at about $2.50 per doughnut.

My partner and I decided to stop in St. Catharine's to pick up some doughnuts and go out for dinner at Rise Above (a vegan restaurant right around the corner from Beechwood). Also, BTW, there is a great vegan hot dog cart around the corner called Rescue Dogs.

We have not been disappointed at all in any of the doughnuts we got. So far, we've tried the cronut, pumpkin pie, banana chocolate chip fritter, and cookie dough. We still have the coconut cream and banana cream for later!

The only "downside" about Beechwood was that we had a line of people behind us, and so we felt a bit rushed when ordering our choices. It would have been helpful to look online at their flavors first (http://www.beechwooddoughnuts.com/menu/#flavourschedule)!

Pros: delicious doughnuts, amazing flavors, good prices, right in downtown hub of St. Cat's

Cons: very busy, so felt a bit rushed

wow! - Edit

Driving into the area from Philadelphia this bakery was our first stop. Beautiful smiling faces greeted us as I HAD to ask which donuts were vegan? "They ALL are!" It was amazing. The variety seemed endless, the donuts were so pretty, the shop was clean and that is all before tasting them! Amazing flavor choices and they could not have been more delicious! I had key lime pie and hubs had cookies and cream. We are still arguing over which was better! The kids loved their donuts and soft serve ice cream. I confidently say this place won't disappoint!

omg Cronuts - Edit

Stopped in while visiting Niagara Falls. I was thrilled to see they have vegan cronuts! Everything we tried was amazing, but the cronut was out of this world.

amazing variety of donuts - Edit

We went here on a Saturday afternoon and there was a lineup out the door. The donuts were huge and cost around $2 to $2.60 each. They had a wide variety from plain chocolate dip to pumpkin pie. They are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.

Pros: lots of cool flavors

Delicious vegan doughnuts - Edit

I was happy to find this bakery while visiting the Niagara Falls area. We purchased 1/2 dozen and the kids and I loved the doughnuts. Good variety of flavors. The staff was also very friendly. Sorry I didn't get there earlier in the day because I missed out on the glazed doughnuts.

Pros: Delicious dougnuts, Friendly staff

Awesome Vegan Doughnuts - Edit

The doughnuts here are so good, that I have had to self-impose a one-per-week rule so that I don't go overboard. They post their flavours online every day, and they do run out often before closing time so get there early.

Pros: Oreo, Nanaimo, Banana Chocolate Fritter

Cons: Wish they opened earlier

Return to St Catharines Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Beechwood Doughnuts closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.