CLOSED: The Bee

561-651-9796

123 Datura St, West Palm Beach, Florida, USA, 33401

Little organic market and with a juice and smoothies bar. Offers breakfast and lunch, prepared vegan and raw food. Uses bee products. Has seating. Market sells food, care products, and bulk staples like quinoa and nuts. A yoga studio is attached at the back. Food to-order stops at 2:30pm. Confirmed closed January 2017.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by kmilitello

Breath of fresh air on clematis - Edit

Update: I visited again and ordered warm food. I asked how the food was heated and it's in a microwave. Disappointing.

I finally stumbled into Bee Organics for a quick lunch today in the rain. It's so nice to finally have an organic, vegan, earth friendly restaurant on Clematis! I LOVE the atmosphere. With couches, wooden/natural tables, and plants growing on the walls; the market and cafe are relaxing and rejuvenating. Plus, many people hanging out had just completed a yoga class and were relaxed and friendly.

My fiance and I ate a few of their already prepared foods, which were in a refrigerator in the back. I really liked the garbanzo sea salad, which did not taste too much like the sea, but was flavorful and fresh. The marinated kale and quinoa salad was a little plain (the kale was marinated but the quinoa did not have much flavor) but was okay. We also tried the carrot cake bites, and they were delicious! Those carrot cake bites were my favorite part of the meal. The cafe serves cold pressed iced coffee, french pressed hot coffee, and lose teas. They offer coconut creamers for the coffee. They also offer many juices, smoothies, and locally made kombucha. Our meal of two take out lunches, two drinks, and 1 desert was almost $40; so it's not a cheap or large lunch. However, it was healthy, vegan, and organic.

The plastics are ecofriendly plastic, and they will recycle the containers after you use them. Napkins are also made of recycled materials.

Updated from previous review on 2014-02-05

Pros: Raw, vegan, organic!, Relaxing, natural atmosphere, Great location

Cons: Expensive, small selection of prepared foods, Food heated in microwave

Moldy Smoothies, unfriendly staff! - Edit

We've been to "The Bee" years ago & we've been there a lot. We always stopped there on our way to the beach, to get some smoothies & raw vegan readymade dishes. Our first visits there were nice: Friendly staff & the food was tasty, but very, very expensive, even for raw vegan food! The smoothies were declared as raw smoothies, but they used caned coconut milk ( from a Tetra Pak! ) for the chocolate smoothies and the smoothies tasted moldy ( the coconut milk was obviously rotten ). When we told the staff about it, the waiter ( a guy ) argued very unpolitely with us and he told us, that we obvioulsy don't know, how coconut milk tasts & he told us: "Give it to me, I will drink it! "! Which was a ridiculous & very unpolite answer, because we drank fresh coconuts for years everyday in the tropics & this is NOTHING compared to rotten, canned coconut milk! The girl who made the smoothies hide herself in the kitchen when she saw us coming back to the cafe with the rotten smoothies ( we took them to go ) & she sent her male, agressive colleague to deal with us! We were polite and just expected a new smoothie & an excuse, but the guy acted like a total idiot! Things like a rotten smoothie can happen in a cafe, but the staff has to handle it like a pro! Especially when the customers leave a lot of their hard earned money there, on a daily basis, in their vacations!!! Another female staff member had to stop the male staff member & she told him to shut his mouth! She apologized to us, but the female staff member who made us the moldy & rotten ( and veryyy expensive!!!) chocolate smoothies still hide herself in the kitchen ( Sadly we don't know her name, she wasn't tall, skinny, had long brown hair, in a ponytail ) ! She was the one who never greeted us & whilst making the smoothies she was just starring at us with an open mouth! Wow! What kind of behaviour is that? Especially in a expensive & usually very exclusive area like West Palm Beach! If you wanna earn money with a healthy lifestyle, then train your staff better! We once met the owner before & she was very polite, but unfortunately she wasn't there on that special day and it was our last vacation day as well! We never visited "The Bee" again, instead we left our money in other vegan cafes nearby, because they had VERY friendly and polite staff ( even though the owner of the other vegan cafe wasn't vegan himself, not even vegetarian, his waitress told us about! So obviously just a money making business!

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-11

Pros: Nice Owner, Tasty food, Good menue

Cons: Expensive, Some staff members are unfriendly, Our smoothies were moldy and rotten

Island Bee - Edit

Super cute cafe. So many options from smoothies to juice to acai to raw lunches. Everything was organic, clean atmosphere, and the food was beyond.

Pros: open everyday, clean enviroment

Outstanding! Excellent Food - Edit

This was one of my favorite restaurants in the area. I got the Burquitto Bowl, which was some kind of Burritto bowl. The food was absolutely delicious and so fresh!

Pros: Excellet food, Very fresh

Cons: They close early in the evening

The Bee - Edit

Was stoked to finally see a vegan place in WPB. Facility is beautiful and fun. Unfortunately, Portion sizes are way to small for my 4 foot 11, 100lb frame. Still find myself hungry after 2 entrées. My post meal starvation would be easier to stomach if my lunch didn't cost $45. Flavor was mediocre at best. Store items also suffer from inflated prices. juices made on premisses appeared and tasted watered down.

Pros: nice location, geographically located in an area with minimal veg, nice sitting area

Cons: prices, food options/flavor/portion sizes, juices watered down and over priced.

Absolutely Fabulous !!! - Edit

What a pleasant surprise to discover BEE ORGANICS ~ the pleasure was all mine by discovering this gem of a organic vegan place to be nourished at. The owners energy is wonderful ~ her lifestyle choices spill over into this charming and healthy vegan eatery.

I tried the compressed sprouted almond milk, kelp noodle pad thai & marinated kale and quinoa.....................food was fantastic...........frequency of the love being poured into these prepared foods and juices is noticeable. Yes, the food/drink cost a bit yet, what one is receiving is the purest ingredients that this planet can provide at this time for tasty, healthy, organic vegan food.

Both of my hands are waving in the air with excitement as I do the happy dance about this amazing place.

THANK YOU ANDREA FOR CREATING SUCH A LOVELY HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT FOR US ORGANIC VEGAN FOLKS !

Much Love, Catalina

Return to West Palm Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: The Bee closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.