Bebas and Amigos

206-622-7085

700 5th Ave Ste 604, Seattle, Washington, USA, 98124

Serves meat, vegan options available. Upon request the owner will make a vegan spicy burrito that's not on the menu. It's called "Gene's vegan breakfast burrito" and contains bell pepper, jalapeno, garlic, black bean, onion, potato, corn, and tomato wrapped in a flour tortilla. Open Mon-Fri 6:30am-3:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by genegladden

no vegan options!! - Edit

I just walked in and asked for vegan options and the woman said no!
Remove
This place

Cons: no vegan options

Disappointing Burrito - Edit

Very strong fried meat smell immediately upon entering. As a vegan, I do experience some meat smells positively, but not this one.

This review should take into consideration that I have only ever had one item at Babas and Amigos: the veggie burrito. There may be more vegan items to discover that I am unaware of. I did, however, make sure to ask two employees about vegan options.

The first employee had to think for a while before telling me I could get a burrito with cheese and that no there was no non-dairy cheese. Ultimately, I was told there were no vegan items.

The other employee wrote "whole beans" and Vegan on my order, so I can say that care was taken, after I questioned if there was lard in the refried beans, that my burrito was fully vegan.

My burrito had black beans, iceberg lettuce, and guacamole. That's it. It was the worst vegan burrito I have ever had.

As a vegan, if I had the choice of going to Chipotle or this apparently gourmet, real Mexican cafe, I would choose Chipotle every time, hands down.

Unless the employees I spoke to were somehow unaware of other vegan options, my vote would be that this cafe be removed from Happy Cow. All burrito places can do as well as this. No reason to give space on the site for this vegan unfriendly cafe.

Pros: close to downtown if you are staying there, decent sized portions, some condiments available

Cons: no vegan items, staff are unaware of vegan options, smells very strongly of fried meat

Amazing burrito, great price, friendly staff - Edit

I work in Seattle and usually hit up chipotle for my vegan burrito fix. But after reading about this place here on HappyCow I decided to give it a shot, and I'm glad I did! For about 2$ less than I spend at chipotle, I got a bigger and more delicious burrito. I ordered the vegan breakfast burrito which is still not listed on the menu. Super delicious, but does have quite a kick so you have to like spicy food.

I will definetly be coming back here again

Pros: Delicious , Great value, Friendly staff

Cons: only one (unlisted) vegan option

delicious vegan burrito! - Edit

The vegan breakfast burrito was not on the menu, you have to ask for it at the counter. Well worth it, but come hungry! There are a number of vegetarian options on the menu.

Gene's vegan breakfast burrito. - Edit

This burrito is big, hot and delicious. I typically let it cool down for 30 min before devouring. The whole cooked garlic cloves and jalapeños make the potatoes perfect.

Pros: Fast!, Friendly, Family run

2 Responses

StarlaTrotter 03 Feb 2014 - This burrito sounds delicious and this place is right by my office. Do they serve their breakfast burritos all day?

genegladden 03 Feb 2014 - Hi, yes they serve it with potato in the morning. When they run out of potato, they switch to rice. both are great!

Return to Seattle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bebas and Amigos closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.