Beatrix - River North

519 N Clark St, Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60654

Serves meat, vegan options available. Coffee, bakery, and bar. Offering health-minded cuisine. Some vegetarian dishes, with ability to make a few vegan. Open Mon-Sun 6:00am-12:00am.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by helloimines

Beatrix Chicago | Vegan options from Vegan Chicago - Edit

Vegetarians and vegans, did you know that Beatrix is stocked with vegan options? After speaking with River North's extremely helpful GM, Steven, he helped identify vegan options for brunch, lunch, dinner, AND dessert. Take a look at their vegan options as of November 2017 in the picture attached and on my site here:

For more vegan options around Chicago, follow me at @vegan_chicago on Instagram!

Pros: Over 17 vegan options on the menu!, Vegan brunch, lunch, dinner, and dessert options!, TWO dessert options to choose from!

Cons: Vegan options are not identified on menu

Doesn't Belong on this list - Edit

Hi - I went to Beatrix a couple months ago and they had nothing on their menu that was vegan. When I asked what they could make vegan they looked flustered. The waiter went into the kitchen and came out to tell me they can make me brussel sprouts or a salad with no dressing. It doesn't take much to make a vegan meal but because the options were so limited, I walked out and went to a restaurant in the hotel across the street that made me a falafel burger (which was dy-no-mite btw).

The veggie burger has egg. The veggie pasta has cheese. Everything else is animal product.

Pros: Neighborhood

Cons: No vegan options

Wish they would have more vegetarian options! - Edit

Considering Beatrix was rated a vegetarian friendly restaurant I decided to give it a go.
The decor/layout of the restaurant is great, and so is staff.
As for the menu, it seems very interesting, but not for vegetarians. When it comes to mains, I think I saw perhaps 1 or 2 options.
I tried the Papardelle with truffle oil and brussels sprouts and it was very, very good.

Pros: the food is great, staff, location, decor

Cons: not that many options for vegetarians

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Beatrix - River North closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.