Beanies Wholefoods Co-op

• Health Store Health Store

205-207 Crookes Valley Road, Sheffield, England, S10 1 BA

Workers co-operative shop. Strictly vegetarian, has vegan snacks to take away. Vegan and organic friendly. Delivery service available. See website for stock list. Mon-Fri 9:00am-8:00pm, Sat 9:00am-6:00pm, Sun 10:00am-5:00pm

First Review by JohnnySensible

A life changing discovery! - Edit

Beanies was an amazing discovery for me as a vegan living in a city for the first time. Nutritional yeast, vegan cheeses, faux meats, icecream, flavoured tofu, everything you could wish for :)
I love Beanies but can only afford to go there every so often otherwise I would spend way too much money on all the vegan specialty items!

Pros: Great selection, Friendly staff!

Cons: Specialty items can be expensive

The Best in Sheffield? - Edit

Everything you could ask for here. Great selection of tinned and packeted food, snacks and fresh fruit and vegetables. All in a very pleasant and laid back atmosphere.

Pros: Good selection, Nice people

Tempeh, Tofu, Nutritional Yeast! - Edit

All the super-sexy (and hard to find) vegan fayre is always in plenty of stock here. Nutritional Yeast, frozen tempeh stakes, vegan chai milk, vegan yoghurts... Its pretty expensive, but good for treats every once in a while. If I had the money, I'd be there every day.

Really friendly staff too.

An oasis for the travelling vegan - Edit

I went to Beanies on my first day in Sheffield, knowing that I'd need to be doing a lot of my own cooking during my month visit. Everything I wanted was there, and more, so that I could fill my cupboards and live in vegan style. The staff were very helpful. Some things a bit pricey, but you get that.

Pros: great range, friendly staff

Where is the bleeding sign?... - Edit

Some strong memories came back to me when I saw Beanies listing. We used to be the lowest priced! 8 till late 365 days a year! Started as a project of the 80's youthful energy & optimism! I respect the current team for keeping it going - "may they have fun & prosper". Bean Beanies (the name is a play on David Bowies Gene Genie) opened just after the 1985 Stonehenge - in the dark days of Maggie & her focused abuse of the miners / the homeless / the gay & colorful / the "off-whites" / the mentally & physically challenged / anyone else whom she & her crew could bully. The Crookes / Walkley "druggies" shoplifted Beanies heavily in the 80's - perhaps they still do? - this may explain the high prices! Be happy! - John

Pros: A great place to visit, when you have an attack, of the "munchies"!

Cons: Could be more active, online - deliveries,, deliveries, deliveries!

Return to Sheffield Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Beanies Wholefoods Co-op closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1982 times since Aug 2007.