Bean Sprouts

Contact 626-254-8708

103 E Huntington Dr (at east of First Ave), Arcadia, California, USA, 91006

Helpful staff with vegan diets, careful of allergies; non-vegan items marked with an 'egg', but some can be made vegan. Mon-Sun 11:00am-3:00pm, Mon-Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Japanese

First Review by Bet Sharry

Simple flavors Taiwanese style - Edit

Read about this place on Happycow and was in the area recently, so we stopped in for lunch. Here's my Bean Sprout review.

Apparently it's been here for years. It's a casual little place, and the cooking Taiwanese home style.

Our party ordered to share:
- curry with rice (fine)
- fried spring rolls (unexpectedly it contain yellow curry flavoring, not what I had wanted)
- savory faux ground meat with rice (tasty)
- wonton in soup noodles (good)

Overall the flavors are on the simple and more plain side, so if you want more savory or bold flavors, ask your waiter for suggestion.

Pros: good menu variety, friendly, clean

Cons: on the plain side

great find just off the freeway - Edit

We stopped here on our way to big bear. We had the dumplings, rainbow roll, teriyaki eel, and cold noodle salad. We were served our food within minutes - so fast!! All of the food was amazingly delicious!

Pros: great taste, good value , very fast service

Cons: some dishes have egg (but are clearly marked so)

Great food - Edit

I've been to this place many times over the last decade. Even after I moved back to Taiwan, I still go back there pretty much every time I go back to Arcadia, which is about twice a year. I've also taken vegetarian friends and meat eating friends there, and they all love the food here.

Pros: delicous, reasonable price, good service

lovely, hits the spot! - Edit

Nestled in a little bustling area on E Huntington, this small, clean, and happy little joint had dishes that tasted like familiar childhood memories, just without the meat and heavy oily after-effects. (I haven't had meat since I was a preteen) Aaah. The staff was very sweet and friendly, the fellow diners also seemed very happy, a few of them complimenting the staff on their food. My favorite part was seeing a monk come pick up his take out. Always a good sign!! Good ambiance, happy place, and meat free. I enjoyed my food (even the tea was really good!) and the prices were very reasonable. Will visit again. :)
Updated from previous review on Monday November 19, 2007

Pros: friendly staff, tasty food, clean, fresh, good value

Cons: casual, not that that's really a con

Good and Casual - Edit

I would say it was a little pricey for what we got, but although the food was not, "amazing" or "breathtaking" i think it did well since it filled me up, but didn't make me feel like i over-ate so in this respect it was good. I don't want to judge its complete cuisine based on what i ate, but i found it a great restaurant that i'd visit once more, and aside from that its casual so no need to feel like you have to dress "nice" for it. Its a good 'CAFE' style. Although i went later in that day which made me realize me and my friend, that we were the only ones in there aside from the staff i enjoyed the empty aura. Which i'd say passes my critique as 'Good.'

Pros: Casual, Calm

Cons: Service was a little off, not bothersome

omg i love bean sprouts! - Edit

I've been coming to this place for like over a year and I have never been disappointed! Every time I try something new, it's always good! Taiwanese vegan food is hard to get, because although meat is minimal, they is always some trace of ground pork, or something! You have to get zah jiang mien, or any of the rice dishes. Also, the wraps are really great, just get it with the vegan mayonaise. Waitresses are really nice too.

Pros: Good food, Good service, Good value for lunch specials

Cons: Pricey for what it is

Good Taiwanese food - Edit

I really enjoyed the food here. The service was great, and we had some delicious vegetarian food. There weren't a lot of entrees that featured a wide variety of vegetables, but the food was still really good. Try the turnip cake, which is a delicious appetizer!

Wow! - Edit

They were willing to seat me and my friends near closing. They now have all vegan items (as far as I could see) as they have replaced mayonaise with veganaise. It was really excellent food and friendly staff (although there was an older lady who worked there who was a bit cranky, but I think she wanted to go home).

Pros: Great Food, Healthy, Good Parking

YUM! - Edit

Bean sprouts is one of my favorite restaurants. My wife and I visit often. We've never had a bad meal.

Highly recommended

Pros: excellent food, excellent value, excellent quality

Cons: crowded and noisy during lunch time

Tasty food, friendly service, good price - Edit

My parents were visiting, so my wife and I got to go out for a rare treat -- lunch without the kids! I found Bean Sprout through the HappyCow listing and was *very* pleased. The flavors of all of the food was excelent. The service was friendly and prompt, but not hovering. The decor was pleasing. A romantic lunch date cost us less than $20!

This is a new favorite. We're definately going back -- and we'll take the kids. :-)

Pros: Good Food, Friendly Service, Great Value

very good - Edit

I had dinner here last night and the food was really good, the spring rolls were really tasty and they didnt skimp on the filling. I tried the pan fried udon noodles and the sausage rice and they were both really good. I was there with a friend and the only thing that you can consider "negative" was that we shared the dishes but the only plates we had were the little plates they give you for the appetizers.........but heck that isnt even all that bad.....im going to try to come back soon and try some of the other dishes.

Pros: really good food, good service, relaxing atmosphere

Good Eats Great Ambiance - Edit

This resturant is the best find for any vegetarian in town. The service was personal and friendly. The waiter was very informed on the menu and how the food was made. He took us through the menu and made suggestions. The soy fish with sweet and sour sauce has the greatest flavor. After the best dining experiance possible he taught us a word of chinese to top of our night, "share share", which means "thank you".

Pros: Great Food, Good Value, Friendly Service

Cons: ***

Return to Arcadia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bean Sprouts closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3329 times since Aug 2007.