Bean and Gone Cafe

Contact 0035020065334

20 Engineer's Lane (at Main Street), Gibraltar,

Serves meat, vegan options available. A small stylish take-away cafe that focuses on in-house-made, fresh food. Cater for vegetarians, vegans and people with food allergies. Half of the menu is vegan and they also produce at least one vegan daily special every day as well. Open Mon-Sat 7:30am-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Italian, Organic, Western, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by BrendaC

good vegan food, but limited - Edit

The other reviews seems to be a bit old. The menu in 2014 did't have more than a couple of vegan options. Had the burger and it was good. Pluss for vegan mayo.

Pros: vegan options, vegan sauces, friendly staff

Cons: limited vegan options, no alcohol

Yay for real vegan options in Gibraltar!! - Edit

I loved this place. Cosy, comfy, friendly, funky. Free wifi, extensive vegan options (I had a veggie burger that was mushroom-based which was delish with nice chips and salad and great decaf). The staff were very helpful and friendly and the atmosphere was happy (seemed to be regulars coming in of all ages; all gushing about one dish or another). Decor was funky (cool lampshades) and the seats were comfy. As this is fairly newly-opened I hope that they flourish and that soon they can extend to bigger premises (and maybe open a branch down the road from me in Spain ;)

Pros: wide vegan selction, wonderful staff, good price

Cons: No on-site toilet , No vegan dessert that day

Bean and Gone and keep going back - Edit

First up the coffee here is the best in Gibraltar, I dont know what they do or how they do it but they are barista gods of skill!

The food is as good as it looks, in fact possibly better than it looks. The chicken burger is one of my favourite meat dishes, but the other burger options are very tasty also.

Salads, salads and more salads, some of the classics are there, but with a new take eg coleslaw but with red cabbage. There are always salad specials, but get there early, these tend to fly out the door, as I have found out a couple of times!

The cakes/goodies section confuses the senses, you start to think there is no way something that looks that good, tastes that good is not bad for you! But its truly not, their cakes are mouth watering at the least, fresh and lite.

The atmosphere is lovely in there too, friendly staff, chilled music and nice decor.

Prices are very reasonable, especially for the quality of food you are getting.

Many vegetarian options, although they use courgette too much for my liking,as Im not a fan at all.

This fantastic cafe is off the busy main street and gets great morning sun.

Myself and my two girlfriends go there once a week for our weekly meet up, while prior to opening we used to go to a different place each week, we cant resist everything about this cafe :)

Pros: Excellent food, Fantastic coffee, Many options

Cons: Too much courgette

Amazing Food! - Edit

As a Vegan in Gibraltar, I've always struggled to be able to eat out comfortably, up until now! Slowly but surely, I'm trying everything on their extensive vegan menu. The staff are absolutely lovely and have great knowledge and passion on what goes into their food. But simply nothing beats their dairy free Tiramisu which is the best I've ever had (vegan or otherwise!) Every day they have fresh and delicious sweets on offer so get down there now for the only 100% Vegan food in Gibraltar.

Pros: Vegan, Desserts, Good price

Bean and Gone Cafe, Gibraltar - Edit

I cannot express enough my joy that the Bean and Gone Cafe has opened in Gibraltar. Catering for takeaway or eat in lunches, vegans/veggies and meat eaters alike and all in a friendly atmosphere that makes you feel as though you're home. The food is varied and inviting with a creative use of ingredients that will surprise and delight your taste buds, all the while being secretly healthy and satisfying your hunger for hours. I would also like to point out that as a gluten free vegetarian I usually feel embarrassed of being such an inconvenience to whoever is catering for me and just take whatever is on offer however here I have a wide variety to choose from! My favourites to recommend are the different flavours of dips such as a lime hummus and the mediterranean vegetables. There are new dishes created daily and the prices are very affordable and good value for money. A must visit!

Pros: Choice for vegans, Tasty, Healthy

Cons: Busy as so popular, Small, seating not guaranteed

Scrumptious veggie food - Edit

Not only are the team very friendly, they serve fab coffee and very tasty veggie food. Instead of eating a boring sandwich I now have healthy lunches, so many favourites but I loved the Mushroom Stroganoff this week.

Pros: tasty food, great veggie option, friendly staff

Has Bean and Gone Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1978 times since Mar 2012.