First Review by TravelingFoodie

BEST FOOD EVER - Edit

THIS FOOD WAS SO GOOD IT MAKES ME WANT TO SLAP MY MOMMA

Pros: WORLD CLASS SERVICE , WORLD CLASS RAW VEGAN FOOD , WORLD CLASS RAW VEGAN SNACKS

Cons: NOTHING BAD ABOUT THIS PLACE, I CAN NOT THINK OF ONE BAD THING EVEN IF I TRIED

Awesome! - Edit

Totally vegan find was a huge blessing! Food was excellent and service great! Highly recommend this place and will definitely return again!

Pros: vegan!, great taste and well presented!

Cons: maybe a little pricey

I could eat here every day!!!! - Edit

I wanted to order everything! In Dallas for a business trip, pretty sure I am going to u we here this week it's so good! They have juices, sandwiches, desserts, salads and awesome tacos! I also got the pizza sampler to go I can't wait to try it. I can't believe Texas has a restaurant like this. Go!!!

Pros: organic, vegan, gluten free

A tad pricey, but delicious - Edit

The food is amazing, especially the spaghetti and "meat" balls, and their desserts have never let me down. When I spent the first 18 months of my veganism as a 100% raw vegan, this place gave me the ability to go out to eat. So it will always have a special place in my heart.

Oh and everything is good except the soups.

Pros: raw vegan, knowledgeable staff, delicious

Cons: expensive

Went as they were closing -darn wrong hours posted - Edit

Had a nice 5 minute look at the menu - looked pretty yummy. Sad thing is...and yeah maybe a true tear or two formed in my eyes...we arrived 5 minutes before they closed. The fella working was pretty nice about it, but we decided to leave. Surely didn't want to be "that kind of people". Wish I could have tasted the food. I heard that they are under new ownership and that it is a bonus.

One Of My Faves! - Edit

Great little raw vegan place for date night or birthday. On the expensive side though so I don't get around too often. I love the Bliss salad and the Amigo wraps. Everything is pretty gourmet though so if you're trying to do low fat this probably isn't the best option unless you get the pho which is delicious! It's all delicious! The margarita pizza is the bomb too. Last time I went it was a basil overload though. I'm a basil freak but it was a lil too much last time. I stick with the zoodle dishes!

Pros: raw vegan pizza, raw vegan brownies, yummy juices

Cons: too expensive, cashew overload , need multiple entrees to fill up

Yummy! - Edit

Being a vegan in Dallas is pretty hard! This place is really good. I took my mom, who is very skeptical of vegan food not to mention raw, but she loved it. It was kinda hard to find in the shopping center. We had to search a little for it. The service was really good. Our waitress was so friendly. It has all the staple raw food: zoodles, pizza, and "cheese"cake. It was pretty good! The bathroom is past the kitchen, so you can watch them make the food.

Pros: Good food, Quaint, Friendly service

Cons: Hard to find

Best meal of my life! - Edit

My sweet hubby took me here tonight for my birthday. We shared the pho soup ( warm), pad Thai, lasagna (extremely rich), Lemmon cheese cake, and the cacao cake. All were higher fat, I didn't ask about low fat 80/10/10 options. All were extremely flavorful and super yummy! Pretty sure I had to use my will power to restrain myself from licking my plates. Even my meat eater hubby liked all the food. He even said he would eat more raw food with me if I can learn how to make my food as epic as tonight's dinner. My server was also really great. Meals were about $10-15 a plate, and the same size porten as you would find at a cooked food restaurant, well worth the prise as a nice treat. It's a small cozy place that's really cute. Basically what I'm trying to say is it's amazing!!
Updated from previous review on Saturday May 02, 2015

Pros: Taste buds did a happy dance, Meat eater hubby liked it

One of our top 5 Raw Restaurants - Edit

Dallas is virtually a wasteland for healthy restaurants, but Be Raw was a shining star. The food is amazing! Very delicious and beautifully prepared. If you happen to be in Dallas and want to eat healthy and clean, this is the place to go.

Delicious But Not Filling! - Edit

While in Dallas, a friend and I went to Be Raw Food and Juice for dinner. I had a small Corn Chowder soup which was good but not my cup of tea and the Pad Thai which was delicious! One of the best raw noodle dishes that I have had at a restaurant or made for myself. I tried my friend's meal and it was not very flavorful, I believe she got the Prima Vera. The portions were fairly small for a raw meal and we were not full when we left, so I would say to go here for a light lunch and not dinner.

Moreover, despite us being one of two couples in the restaurant the service was incredibly slow, a soup that I requested as an appetizer came out with the meal, and our waters were never refilled.

Pros: Yummy Pad Thai! , All Raw Vegan! , Cost Wasn't Too Bad

Cons: Small Portions, Service, Hit-Or-Miss Taste-wise...

One of the best! Healthy and vegan! - Edit

This is probably my top 5 favorite healthy restaurants in the U.S. (Candle 79 in Manhattan being #1 hehe). At "Be Raw" the food is so good and healthy. I got the sample of the 4 different raw pizzas. They were amazing! If you know what you're looking for (extremely healthy raw vegan food) then this is the place for you! Trust me on this. :)

Pros: Quality of food, Truly healthy, Real raw vegan restaurant

High Prices - Edit

My mom and I went here and we will never be back. She ordered a dish that she thought would not be spicy, but it was extremely spicy and to hot to eat, we tried to switch dishes but I would not eat it either. We talked to the waiter and all he said was "Isn't it delicious though?" and walked away. She barely touched it. Their prices were extremely high and they didn't give us any kind of discount for the dish that she couldn't eat. My dish gave me an extremely upset stomach the next day and I had GI tracks issue. Serves was slow even though we were the only people in the restaurant. I would give it one cow if I could.

Cons: Bad service, High prices, Bad food

Really good but... - Edit

We really enjoyed eating at Be Raw but the time waiting for the food was slow. This was our first visit. The taste and quality is excellent but the serving sizes are small and the prices are rather high. We enjoyed the tacos and the enchiladas but when we left we were still hungry.

Pros: Fresh and Raw, Great taste, Atmosphere and music

Cons: Pretty small, Long wait on getting food, High price for the serving size

Delicious! - Edit

I love Be Raw Food and Juice! My husband took me here for our wedding anniversary. The food was fantastic! I had the living pizza sampler and chocolate blueberry mint cheesecake. The food sent me to the moon. It is so delicious! If I could I would eat here every day and I would never get tired of the food.

Pros: organic, raw, living, healthy

Cons: none, none, none

More than just food - Edit

This place is greeeaaatt! I've been here twice now and both times have been incredible. First of all, the recipes are phenomenal. Raw can be a difficult food to present in an appealing way. Not here! Starting with the Kale salad and ending with the Chocolate Elixer. Top to bottom, great food.
But beyond the food, both times I've been here have led to good conversations with others enjoying the food. Conscious people, good food seeking individuals. I always make it a point to get here and I'm glad I found it!

Pros: Atmosphere, Recipes, Portions

Return to Dallas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Be Raw Food and Juice closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 9619 times since Jul 2012.