Be Coffee My Friend

+49-3064163688

Yorckstrasse 60, Berlin, Germany, 10965

Coffee and breakfast place serving fusion food, juice, smoothie bowls, pancakes. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-8:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Juice bar, European, Fusion, Middle Eastern

First Review by Yasminesan

no vegan pancakes ;( - Edit

Staff didn't speak in english, but other ppl helped me. So they don't have vegan pancakes and only a few vegan dishes. I think this place is not even vegetarian. Service was poor. I ordered "Foul" (didn't understant what it meant), so (after 20min) when they gave me some semi-warm bean porridge I didn't understand if I should eat it or wait for something else. Well I ate and after 15min they gave me their bread :D LOL. Well it was good with the bread, but I didn't have enough food left :D

Pros: tasty "Foul" with bread

Cons: no english no vegan pancakes too little vegan dish

Amazing food, lovely place and VEGAN PANCAKES - Edit

I didn't expect much when I looked at the review before, but when I got to the place the surprise was even bigger. A super comfy, lovely place and the menu is something I never experienced anywhere else before and I travel a lot. They offer a variety of vegan and vegetarian dishes with oriental, arabic origin ,I think, which are delicious. I went there now several times and I love their variety of pancakes, which are either buttermilk, vegan, Gluten Free. I got the vegan blueberry pancakes sugar free as they are served with Xylit(Xucker) and Maple Syrup. This coffee place has become one of my favorite spots in Kreuzberg.

Pros: Vegan, vegetarian menu, Lovely staff, Amazing comfy interior design

no vegan pancakes! - Edit

We walked to this wee place from our hotel as we'd checked on the happy cow app and it says they had Vegan pancakes which I was really looking forward to.

they didn't have vegan pancakes according to the staff and in fact the only vegan solid food was a jar of chia seeds and fruit which I didn't fancy.

they did offer vegan smoothies made with almond milk so I opted for the chocolate and peanut butter smoothie while my husband got the green pina colada (pineapple, banana and spinach).

my smoothie was really creamy and very peanutty - really tasty and it almost made up for the disappointment of not getting the pancakes I'd been looking forward to. the only thing that let it down was the little hard lumps I kept getting -at first I thought they were bits of nut but they were really hard, like stones, maybe nut kernels or cacao nibs? I've really no idea what they were but I got them in every sip of the smoothie and it kind of spoiled an otherwise lovely smoothie.

Pros: the staff were friendly and the cafe itself was re

Cons: no vegan pancakes! not a lot on offer other than s

Good menu and awesome atmosphere - Edit

This new cafe in near Yorckstraße is just so nice inside - swing benches, cosy corners, and lots of pillows. It's a very bright space - nice to work in I can imagine.

I just had a hot drink (the coffee is good and there are options for vegan milk) and the smoothies are very big.

The menu is a fusion of Palestinian/Jordanian/Lebanese/Israeli and is reasonably priced. I've heard from a friend the portions are very big. The flat bread with za'atar looked delicious. They also had a lot of cakes that looked delicious (brownie, carrot cake, cheesecake) but I'm not sure if they were vegan or not.

All in all I would recommend it and will certainly be back to try the food. Staff are nice too.

Pros: decor, menu variety - especially drinks

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Be Coffee My Friend closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.