BBQ Revolution - Food Truck

Contact 512-584-7659

2421 Webberville, Austin, Texas, USA, 78702

Vegan food truck at this location outside The Lost Well since summer 2015; previously at 3111 Manor Rd (location changes so check its webpage). Offers BBQ smoked on a smoker and served on a plate with sides like potato salad, coleslaw, mac and cheeze. Service stops when food runs out, so best to call ahead. Began service since Nov 2013. Open Wed 4:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 4:00pm-10:00pm, Thu-Sat 4:00pm-12:00am.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out only

First Review by JuliaGarance

Salt gallore! - Edit

Went out of our way to try out this food truck during our one day visit to Austin due to the excellent reviews. Arrived right at 4pm but they weren't ready so we grabbed a drink at The Lost Well. Came back out half an hr later and ordered the plate and 2 sandwiches to try both the tempeth and the soy curls. I was disappointed by the slice of white bread covering the plate but decided to get over it and get to the BBQ. A few bites into it, none of us could take the amount of salt in the "meat". The mac and cheeze and the mac salad were eadible but nothing to brag about. We decided to cut our loss and go eat somewhere else.
I hate to throw away food and would normally eat a meal even if I dont love it but I could not get through this one. I would not return or recommend.

vegan bbq - Edit

Proper Texas bbq is hard to come by in the veg space and bbq revolution does a great job. Soy curls, potato salad, and corn were great. The corn was a bit cold, but still tasty. The mac and cheese was also good, but not the best I have had (plum bistro seattle)

Pros: vegan bbq, easy parking

Amazing BBQ - Edit

So delicious, I cannot express how impressed I am with BBQ Revolution. The staff is very nice and the food is superb. I got the brisket and cole slaw and it was to die for. Also, weird side note, but the leftover brisket that I had in my fridge dried out and became this amazing jerky. It was really odd but fantastic. I cannot wait to take my carnivore father here, I have a feeling he will love it!

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff, Good Value

Vegan BBQ?! - Edit

Yes please! The mac and cheeze is awesome, as are the soy curls and brisket. As a Texas native, I have a soft spot for the holy trinity of smokey-tangy-savory, but it's hard to come by since BBQ joints are rarely accommodating to the veg crowd. It's wonderful to have that void filled by the awesome BBQ Revolution.

Pros: Vegan BBQ, Mac and Cheeze, Soy Curls

Legit. Get the sampler with everything - Edit

If you're with someone, get the sampler platter where you get one of everything on the menu. You can't go wrong, and there is sooo much freaking food for a great price. My husband and I are eaters, and we still managed to fill up a to-go container with what we couldn't eat (and we threw out the 2 slices of white bread, too!).

The brisket just falls apart in your mouth, not the stringy texture I get when I make it at home. Everything is smoky and delicious, and the sides are great. The only thing I don't love is the bacon ranch side, whatever it is, but it's edible.

Pros: Great meats and sides, Next to a sweet metal bar, Huge portions

Cons: Sometimes runs out

Great bbq, friendly staff - Edit

Great food! Stopped by after driving down to Austin. The server helped me choose what to get, the bbq plate with beans and macncheese. It was amazing, I didn't leave until it was all gone!

BBQ Revolutionized - Edit

Agree with other positives; best BBQ ever. The smell of the sauces & spices, without that undertone of charred flesh, welcomes you to the truck, and the goodness of the food keeps you coming back. Mac&Cheese, potato salad, Cole slaw, beans - typical sides, stand taste tests on their own, even more so accompanying the ribs, soy curls, sausages.
A go to spot whenever visiting Austin area.

Pros: Excellent, tasty food, Great side dishes, Affordable prices

Cons: Sometimes runs out of food

Them sauces make you tremble! - Edit

BBQ revolution is slam, I litlerly reffer every new vegan to Austin to try them out! A true taste of vegan Texas lifestyle. The staff are so cooky and hilarious and the new location is perfect with a friendly bar that host wicked metal shows. Im All about them tempah Ribs and soy curls! And were else u plan on find vegan BBQ this good!

Pros: Recipes , Quiltly satan, BBQ and beer enough said

Catering! - Edit

They recently catered a party I went to, and EVERYONE raved about the pasta salad, coleslaw, and BBQ. I've never been a BBQ fan, so I didn't try the no-bull brisket, but the smokey curls were a lot like smoked chicken! Everything I had was delicious.

Amazing! - Edit

My favorite "meat"! This BBQ truck is one of my favorite places to eat in Austin and I really don't like food trucks in general. The No-Bull Brisket ism y favorite and the Smoky Curls are good, too.
I also really love the Cole Slaw and the mac and cheese is also yummy.
My only criticism is that they often run out of food or seemingly randomly being closed.

Pros: Delicious, authentic BBQ flavor

Cons: can be flakey on hours, run out of food

Love it. - Edit

I love BBQ so this place is kind of cheating by being right up my ally. I love the food here and people that work here are always super nice. My only real gripe is they tend to sell out before I can get there. Great for them but crappy for my BBQ hankering.

I love this place, I had never had vegan bbq before and was blown away. I have been back a few times because I am addicted to the bbq soy curls, texturally they are awesome and sauce is tangy and delicious. If you get the $9 plate you get a crazy amount of food and two tasty sides. Personally I think the vegan potato salad and the mac and cheese are the best, but my boyfriend loves the coleslaw. Even if you or someone in your party isn't a vegan they will love this place, the food is incredible.

Pros: omg so tasty (brisket and soy curls), awesome sides! love the potato salad, affordable & tons of food for the price

Return to Austin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has BBQ Revolution - Food Truck closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4731 times since Nov 2013.