BBD's - Beers, Burgers, Desserts

631-849-1620

49 Route 25A, Rocky Point, New York, USA, 11778

Serves meat, vegan options available. Upscale American bar food. Meat-based menu with a few labeled vegan choices, including a seitan wings. Reported will offer a special vegan menu upon request. Large beer and cider menu, televisions tuned to sports programming, mixed tables and bar seating. Open Mon-Thu 4:00pm-10:00pm, Fri 12:00pm-11:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-12:00am, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by allissa18

Unknown Vegan/Vegetarian Gem - Edit

So they just got the Impossible burger on their menu and are one of the very first places to get it on Long Island. Just like their regular burgers are prepared, they make the Impossible burger 3 ways - steamed, griddled, and grilled. They do it all separate so I didn't have to worry about anything being contaminated. And it seriously tasted soo good. I HIGHLY recommend the grilled impossible burger but the steamed was very good too.

Aside from that I feel like people don't know about their vegan options. The wings are one of my favorites because I am always craving them. Perfect seitan wings OMG!!

Now the philly cheesefake is when I want to indulge and it literally tastes like a REAL philly cheesesteak.. in my earlier days I may have had a few :(.

I like to bring all my veggie and vegan friends here and show them there is a whole new world they are missing in terms of how good vegan/veg food can taste. Also recommend the nyc street falafel just because of how good the pita tastes!!!

I WOULD GIVE THIS PLACE 5 STARS IF I COULD!!!

Pros: Amazing tasting vegan food, All vegan stuff can be made vegetarian, Wide variety to choose from

Cons: Vegan BBQ would be awesome!!

vegan? - Edit

So, it was great that BBD has a vegan menu. However, even though it says vegan, upon asking some questions, it turns out that it isn't so. The fries are fried in the same fryer as their chicken. There gyro has feta, dairy feta. Some of my friends have been eating there not knowing any of this, so it was disappointing that a vegan menu is misleading. Although their meals were delicious, I don't know if they were truly vegan

On another note, the ambiance was nice, and the staff are all awesome! They are very knowledgeable. The drinks are great.

I would love to go back, with a true vegan menu.

The only reason I gave it a 3 was for the misleading menu. I only knew because I asked.

3 Responses

robinmichel 11 Sep 2017 - Brendali,

Just wanted to clarify, that the falafel (gyro) on the vegetarian & vegan menu specifies that it is vegetarian, and to ask about vegan substitutions. The rest of the items are labeled vegan, and are 100% vegan.

eatbbds 10 Oct 2017 - Hey guys, this is the owner of BBD's and just was made aware of this awesome site for Vegans and Vegetarians! I'd like to clear up a few things regarding brendali2's comments in case anyone was considering coming in to try our food (which we hope you do)!

Everything on our vegan menu is 100% vegan (all can be made vegetarian at request). The fries are vegan, as we use two separate fryers - one for proteins only and one for fries and vegetable items, like falafel, seitan vegan wings, etc. Unfortunately yes, we remove the feta from the gyro taco if it is ordered vegan because it contains dairy. Some concerns have been raised about our tzatziki sauce which I can confirm is 100% vegan - we use vegenaise in this sauce.

We also have a NYC Street Falafel sandwich and use Israeli pitas made from our friends in Brooklyn - they aren't made from milk powder, just yeast, flour, water, and sugar, so also entirely vegan, and also entirely delicious!

Hope to see you guys in soon and if you have any questions feel free to reach out to us on Facebook or give us a call at 631-849-1620.

eatbbds 10 Oct 2017 - Just a quick correction, we recently removed the feta from the Vegan Gyro Taco, and now we use grated vegan cheese!

awesome vegan options! - Edit

Me and my husband were happy with all our orders. Nice place. Will definitely go back. House salad is a good portion size too but maybe I'll double it next time.

eatbbds 16 Oct 2017 - Hey Allissa,

Thanks for leaving us a review and for your kind words! Be sure to check out our vegan wings and vegan gyro taco next time you visit. See you soon.

Cheers!

Return to Rocky Point Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has BBD's - Beers, Burgers, Desserts closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.