Bastyr University Cafeteria

Contact 425-823-1300

14500 Juanita Dr NE, Kenmore, Washington, USA, 98028

Serves meat, vegan options available. Previously all veg. Cafeteria of naturpathic University with some vegan options. Food is served cafeteria-style and mostly priced per pound. Offers a few hot dishes that rotate daily and large salad bar, desserts. Ingredients of each item are listed.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, International, Organic, Buffet, Salad bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by malloneek

Not bad - Edit

Considering this is school cafeteria food it's pretty good. I worked at Bastyr for a month and ended up eating here a few times. It is pretty fresh and friendly.

Pros: price

Cons: not easy to get to

few vegan options - Edit

**Updated** Now not veggie any longer. The veg they do serve is very basic and not inspired. Not sure why they would convert to a meat based menu after bringing in an exec chef from Flora?! They should have focused on making their whole food approach more exciting, less bulky. Disappointing.***

They have a meat club here. They talk down at vegans etc... bullies, yes, at an nd school.

Pros:

Cons: bullies, meat

Not bad- just limited - Edit

This place is truly cafeteria style but it's a great find in a small town where veg*n choices are very limited. I visited on a Friday when the special was Avocado wraps (vegan), they also had some hot choices and salad bar. The wrap also had tomato, lettuce, sprouts and oils and such, it was pretty good but a little too big for me. You select the one you want and pay per pound, but I had a hard time eyeing just how much I'd want. I also tried the watermelon greek salad which was surprisingly good, only problem was I discovered at the end that it had feta in it (I'm vegan), still -good flavors in it. I had a vegan pumpkin bread for dessert - yummy! I noticed some gluten free selections as well.
I think this venue is good for people close by that don't want to cook lunch or breakfast once in awhile, or maybe to meet a friend at, but there just aren't a lot of food choices available.
My whole meal was under $5, so the prices are decent.

Pros: good value, nice environment

Cons: small menu

Return to Kenmore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bastyr University Cafeteria closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3225 times since Jul 2010.