First Review by Krsnamayi

Rude Staff - Apparently vegans are rotting their - Edit

I went in looking to restock a common vegan friendly multivitamin that I take, when I was bombarded by comments from their employees about how vegans are killing themselves, and that no one can sustain as a vegan for more than 7 years.

It was nonsense, and for that I never went back.

Pros: A nice selection of Zevia

Cons: Lacks food, Rude staff

Not really any food there - Edit

So it's a health food store, but it kind of lacks the food. There is no fresh options at all. It is really mostly a vitamin store. They do have some bath stuff, and some of it is vegan. But overall, this isn't a place to get food. I was really disappointed. I went there for broccoli. Something simple, not specialty in anyway. I was shocked to see not a single item of produce.

Pros: Lot of vitamin and suppliment choices, Some bath and home items, Lots of parking

Cons: No fresh food, Limited food selection, Lacking many major vegan bath products

New store, less selection - Edit

Bassets had been in the same place my whole childhood on Secor, where the new Farmers market is...but now it has moved into another place, which is the site of Claudia's old market. I just moved back after 15 years overseas, and I was really disappointed to see that they have a new store, but seemingly less inventory. It's really disappointing considering how nice Claudia's was when it was in the same place. I would definitely head to Claudia's just a little further down the road on secor/monroe.

Pros: a little bit of everything, good parking, staff willing to special order

Cons: not good selection, very little bulk items

Return to Toledo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bassett's Health Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1102 times since Aug 2007.