Basil and Mint

Contact 805-482-9993

350 N Lantana St, Camarillo, California, USA, 93010

Serves meat, vegan options available. Opened 2013. Has an extensive selection of vegan dishes which encompasses a full page of menu. Owner will make any dish on the menu vegan. Offers tofu, ham, shrimp and fish faux veggie meats. Also has a vegan fish sauce. Brown rice is available. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by gandjwhite

Such a good place- huge vegan / vegetarian menu - Edit

This restaurant's vegetarian / vegan selection is incredible. My personal favorite is the pho from the vegetarian page, which comes with assorted veggies ( SO many), tofu, and even vegan ham. I also love modifying the spring rolls and replacing the meat with vegan ham. Amazing!

Pros: Excellent Food, Nice Staff, Many Options

Cons: A bit hard to get to

Great choices, Friendly service - Edit

Service was really friendly. Came to order takeout but ended up staying for sit down. Great to see an entire page of vegan choices, especially in such a competitive area for restaurants (there are ~10 in the same strip mall). Food was quite good ordered #61. Will definitely be back next time in the area.

Excellent Vegan Variety!! - Edit

So, I've made it a goal to try every item on the Vegetarian page of their menu. I only have one dish left! Every single thing I've tried has been very good. I would highly recommend the lemongrass chicken, lemongrass tofu, the vermicelli dish, and the panfried noodle dish. Coffee drinkers will love their coffee drinks too. They also have several different eggroll options and springroll options. They have one that is seaweed wrapped with a little crunchy wrap inside with the fake ham and cucumber that's really good! The prices are very, very nice and the service has been good. Pretty quick. I also find that the portion sizes seem just about right. I leave perfectly satisfied (but am able to finish my meal). Now that I'm almost done with the vegetarian menu (one full page!) I'm planning to try some other things from the regular menu (adjusted to be vegan). It's pretty rare that vegans/vegetarians get this much variety at one restaurant. I think this restaurant needs to be supported and congratulated for their willingness to cater to us. The only recommendation I would have is that they consider incorporating more vegetables into their dishes.

Pros: Excellent food, Great Value, Amazing variety

Cons: Need more veggies in dishes

Return to Camarillo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Basil and Mint closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1657 times since Aug 2013.