Basiilik

( 1 review )
+372-56509991

Hobujaama 5, Tallinn, Estonia, 10151

Serves meat, vegan options available. This pizza & pasta restaurant added a vegan menu in Dec 2017, with items such as fresh spring rolls with marinated tofu, vegetables, and satay sauce; carrot-pumpkin puree soup; beetroot falafel with salad; portobello black bean and mushroom burger; wild rice bowl with crispy tofu; and for dessert peanut butter banana ice cream. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-11:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-12:00am.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Italian, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Fusion, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by stadthund

Taking your money and rubbing salt on the wound - Edit

Had lunch in Basiilik with the four of us on the first Thursday of 2018. They actually have two locations, one in Hobujaama and the other in Sikupilli, and this review is based on our visit to Hobujaama (Coca Cola Plaza) Basiilik, located conveniently in the heart of the city. I have always liked the interior design with tables on different levels, huge plants and dimmed lights making the atmosphere cosy. Background noise coming from the cinema upstairs is inevitable and does not even disturb me. What does disturb me, however, is the bad quality of the service. Bad, or... nonexistent? Although there was a bunch of waiters and waitresses at the counter, there was no one to bring us the menus or take our order, so I had to walk up to the counter twice, first to pick up the menus and second time to announce them our selection. The same with cleaning up the tables -- performed completely randomly.
Our mixed company ordered two dishes from the main menu and two dishes from the special vegan menu: beetroot falafels and portobello burgers. We really looked forward to tasting those, and if one ignores the smudges left in the kitchen while giving the final touch to the garnish, the food looked good, and was full of flavours. I was glad to discover that they hadn't simply put up a vegan menu and left it as such, but had developed the recipes further after the first time I visited a month before. However, the whole deal literally left a bad taste in our mouths when after a few bites all of us understood that the food was way too salty. No service, but overwhelming action in the kitchen make me doubt if visiting this restaurant is worth the price of their dishes (vegan mains around 9€). The cherry on the cake is found on the café side of the restaurant: the filthiest toilet in Tallinn.

Pros: special vegan menu, good location

Cons: pricey, salty food, slow service

Return to Tallinn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Basiilik closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.