Basic Foodie

• Bakery Bakery
    ( 1 review )
+52-9841091948

Av 50 Norte Esquina Av Solidaridad, Luis Donaldo Colosio, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico, 77728

Bakery with vegan options. Sabado Vegano on Saturdays serving avocado toast, donuts, cookies, and a few Mexican treats in vegan versions. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-7:00pm, Sat 8:00am-3:00pm.

1 Review

First Review by Isabelhram

Uber Vegan Friendly - Edit

I was skeptical to go, as I don’t usually frequent vegan friendly places (I usually go to vegan only restaurants), but this place was awesome!
I had the Mother Earth sandwich, and let me tell you it was delicious. The bread and the rest of the ingredients tasted so fresh. I went on a Saturday, and they had a lot of vegan pastries on display (bagels, apple fritters, almond croissants, amongst fresh baked bread). They have some other vegan options throughout the week like chia pudding and dairy alternatives like macadamia milk. I was super fortunate to have chatted with the chef (and I think owner). Wow, so pleasant.
It’s really hard to find good customer service at some of the trendier restaurants here in playa, but this restaurant is just one of those gems. I wish I had taken some photos.
Their coffee was so good, and I wish I had taken my jar since they used a plastic cup and straw, but no big deal. Make sure you inquire about some of the powders in the fraps because they could have whey. I will totally visit here again :-)

Return to Playa Del Carmen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Basic Foodie closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.