Bashi Channel

718-284-0005

1120 Cortelyou Rd, Brooklyn, New York, USA, 11218

Serves meat, vegan options available. Asian Fusion restaurant with full bar. Primarily meat stuff but offers a several vegan suitable dishes, including a ramen, tempeh "meatballs," marinated tofu dishes, vegetable dumplings, kimchi tofu dogs, and seitan. Items that are veg are marked. Open Mon-Sun 5:00pm-12:00am.

Category: Ovo, Beer/Wine, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by kmanchester306

Vegan? What a farce. - Edit

Whosoever purported to list this as a vegan-friendly establishment is unfortunately egregiously misinformed. The menu has all but perhaps 2 items that they claim are purportedly vegan. However, when I ordered a noodle bowl, it came with a big fat egg floating in the broth. I had it sent back and won't be surprised if they merely fished the egg out. I felt like I was in a bad version of the movie Road Trip. Though I am not familiar with the patois of meat, the broth tasted suspiciously foreign and I only ate it to save the other party with me embarrassment. The place was overcrowded and the service desultory. I exhort the folks of Happy Cow to take this off the listing ASAP. Please!

Cons: Not vegan friendly., Condescending staff., Overcrowded.

Spicy vegan food! - Edit

I tried this place last week after passing by the outdoor menu and seeing a ton of carrot symbols next to various dishes indicating they were/or could be made vegan! Everything I tried, from the salads to the seitan, was delicious and spicy! The service was exceptional; although our waitress had several tables, she was very attentive. The kitchen is an open layout, so you can easily see your meal being made. They also have a cute, full bar. Definitely I must try for anyone in Brooklyn.

Pros: Well labeled vegan options, Exceptional Service

Return to Brooklyn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bashi Channel closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.