Basecamp Coffee House

• Other Other

6/1, Suthep Rd, Moo 1, Suthep, Chiang Mai, Thailand, 50200

Coffee house at the bottom of Doi Suthep mountain. Hiking themed, also selling hiking gear, protein bars (including vegan). Offers coffee with almond milk option plus smoothies and a water refill station. English spoken. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-6:00pm.

First Review by onthewindowsill

Cool Coffee House! - Edit

This place is really cool. They have just recently moved to a new, bigger space a few metres from the old one, at the foot of the mountain and the hiking trails. The new place is much more spacious.
They have a separate vegan menu with a few standard Thai dishes and their almond milk coffee tastes great. They also offer a drink called 'King Kong' with bananas, cocoa and almond milk which sounded great although I haven't tried it yet.
They also sell the range of 'Fruit Bound' bars - vegan energy bars.
(Also, if you are a runner you will love it because they sell lots of running gear that is quite rare to find.)
Free water.

Pros: Vegan menu, Useful for running gear, Good for a refuel after a hike/run up the mountain

Cons: Sells meat as well

Surprisingly vegan friendly find near the mountain - Edit

I met friends here today as it's walking distance to the trails to get up to Doi Suthep. I was super surprised to find they have a separate labeled vegan menu and an almond milk drink menu! Also pretty affordable, really nice inside. The woman working there spoke English pretty well and they can help you plan your hike. They marked out hike for us on my friend's phone on an offline map. I only got a smoothie (chocolate banana with an added espresso shot) for 89 baht since I was headed out on a hike, but if I'm around this area again I'd definitely get food or work here.

Pros: separate vegan menu, almond milk, very helpful staff

Cons: no vegan baked goods

Return to Chiang Mai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Basecamp Coffee House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.