Base Camp Northcote

03-94821168

102 High St, Northcote, Victoria, 3070

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian and Himalayan cuisine restaurant where the dishes in the vegetables section of the menu can be prepared vegan with the exception of the paneer (cheese) and kofta meals. Vegetable oil is used to cook all dishes. Vegan entrees can be deep friend in separate oil.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Catering, Nepalese, Non-veg

First Review by Mabrahmz

not to my taste - Edit

We went here after recommendations. It's apparently like an English balti place but it wasn't. We had three vegan mains and all were identical in colour - like red hair dye. The taste was similar but really sweet. Very sickly. Will not return as there are much better authentic places around

Not to be missed - Edit

Lovely decor, quick and helpful staff and overall an excellent experience in a quaint setting.

There were quite a few vegan options and more vegetarian options that could be changed to vegan. I ended up with the onion rings as entree and vegan special, Tofu Tikka Masala for main. Everyone else in my group was omni and went for different choices.

We all agreed, the food was delicious and more than enough for one. I ended up taking left overs home for breakfast the next day. We ended up deciding next time, we'd order dishes to be shared instead of one meal each.

Highly recommend Base Camp Northcote for casual or special occasions. I chose this to celebrate my birthday. The only down side, with 9 of us, we felt a little cramped but got over that quickly once the food started arriving.

Base Camp Northcote is a little gem and I'm sure will become a 'go to' destination for many as they cater for all, omnis to vegans and are happy to change dishes if possible. It seems nothing is too much trouble.

Pros: Delicious food, Large meal servings, Extremely helpful staff

Cons: Not idea for large parties

Return to Northcote Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Base Camp Northcote closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.