Barkett

• Friend
Contact 01632652503

Czeminskistrasse 10, Berlin, Germany, 10829

Cafe, bar, and performance venue est. since 2014. Food is vegan, gluten-free, and partly raw. Every Saturday a la carte breakfast is served from 10am-1pm with five gluten free and sugar free options. Offers Sunday brunch with soup, various salads and dishes, gluten free bread, spreads, desserts, and smoothies. Serves a lunch bowl daily. Every evening tapas start from 6pm. As of Apr 2016 using only plant milks for drinks. Open Mon 12:00am-1:00am, Mon-Sat 4:00pm-12:00am, Tue-Sun 12:00am-5:00am, Sat 10:00am-1:00pm, Sun 10:00am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan, Western, Beer/Wine, European

First Review by jstars

healthy and delicious brunch - Edit

I came here for brunch and even though I had no reservation, they accommodated me. The staff were nice and the vibe of the place is nice too - subdued tones and a nice decor. The food itself was really good - very fresh with lots of varieties, including gf bread, spreads like turmeric, beetroot, and pumpkin, fresh salads and roasted veg, raw pizza, soup and more. Desserts were lovely too, with cashew creams and chia pudding, fresh fruits, and baked and raw cakes.

Highly recommended and I think for the quality €17 is really not that much. You get a free smoothie too and the hot drinks are reasonably priced and of good quality. I will definitely come back.

Pros: food quality, healthiness and freshness of food, nice staff and free wifi

Cons: location - bit far out of the centre, didn't top up good frequently enough

All you can eat brunch,not very good - Edit

I went here for the buffet brunch and found it expensive for the quality. Besides being a cosy place that allows dogs inside and its vegan, the food available seemed very amateur. Nothing surprised me. Some things were even bad.

Pros: Nice looking place, you can eat all you want for 1

Cons: The food is not very good

Great breakfast and cool bar - Edit

The place is so cool, they are a vegan bar with live gigs, which is quite uniq as I know so far. Also loved their breakfast, scrambled tofu with vegetables and homemade bread, granola were superb. Love the atmosphere, the interior is a pearl!

Pros: Breakfast is yammy, Beautiful Interior, Nice people

Brunch extra chez Barkett - Edit

Nous avons brunché chez Barkett un dimanche midi. Formule à 17€ comprenant un jus vert detox (bon et frais), et l'accès au buffet à volonté. Tout est vegan et sans gluten, en majorité cru, la simple salade de tomates cerises à la coriandre était à tomber par terre, j'ai rempli mon assiette de spaghetti de courgettes crues au pesto, de carottes à la coriandre, de chou bok choï sauté au sésame, de brocolis toasté aux amandes, de dips extra frais, de tomates farcies aux céréales, de galette de petits pois, de salade d'épinards aux noix et pêches.... J'ai adoré le granola accompagné de yaourt extra aérien au lait de coco, le chocolat cru et le brownie cru chocolat noisettes en dessert. Bref, une excellente adresse, dans un cadre sympa et à des prix abordables !

Great brunch! - Edit

I went there for the brunch a few months ago. The food was really nice, delicate and off-beat. I really appreciated that the staff was aware of food allergies and one of the waitress even proposed me some more raw options (a mini burger that was YUMMY!). I regret that they increased they prices lately, because I cannot afford it anymore. The place is not the most comfy but still nice to have a brunch or a coffee with friends.

Pros: loads of -free options (sugar, gluten free), raw food friendly, super nice staff

Cons: pricey, not super comfy

Sunday buffet - Edit

My friend and I arrived famish and dove in after way too big portions.

We both agreed that the soup was the best. Other than that, I loved the glutenfree cornbread.

The hummus was a little bland and the fermented mushroom burgers were inedible, but I didn't realize they were raw, and my tastebuds didn't agree with that. It was really interested trying them though, and if you like fermented things, you would probably enjoy them. They were filled with nice fresh herbs and seeds of different kinds.

Friendly service, a little steep.

Pros: Wonderful soup, Lots of dessert

Cons: Pricey

delicious and healthy - Edit

Very nice and tasty food, especially the brunch knocks it off, completely gluten-free and sugar-free. mainly because of the espresso Cashio combination. also they make their own vegan cocktails I tried to Choc berry, which actually tasted like chocolate but they stated there is no chocolate in it, only berries, spices, whiskey and rum.

also I had one beer was really nice too

Pros: gluten&sugar free, everything home made, foid completely vegan

Cons: a bit of the track

Finally a place like this in Schöneberg! - Edit

When I found out that the new café in my neighborhood was vegan, I could not believe my eyes! The only bad thing about it is that I don't have enough money to go there on a daily basis. :'D
Seriously though, I simply love everything about this place!
Great coffee, teas and delicious cakes (especially their cashew-cream-cakes!!) in a perfectly decorated interior. The service is very friendly and the beanbags they have to sit on in some corners really make you feel like home. Also make sure to check out their detox brunch on Sundays - it's worth every penny!

Pros: great overall concept, lovely interior, delicious cakes

Vegan cake - Edit

We had two different types of cake on a Sunday afternoon. A coconut chocolate cake and a Tofu fruit cake. The coconut cake was great! Sweet, but not too sweet. Coffee and tea Werke fresh and tasty.
The waitress was very quick in serving us and was very friendly.
The in the Front is little room for cosy seating, but I like the interieur design anyways.

Pros: Vegan @ Schöneberg, tasty, open minded

Cons: uncomfortable seating

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Barkett closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7265 times since Feb 2015.