Bareburger

310-392-2122

2732 Main St, Santa Monica, California, USA, 90405

Serves meat, vegan options available. Burger chain using some organic ingredients. Has vegan cheese and a couple of labeled vegan patties; option to customize your burger. This location offers the Impossible Burger though vegans will need to ask for modifications. Note the onion rings contain whey. Open Mon-Thu 11:30am-10:00pm, Fri 11:30am-11:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by kenvegan

Great experience - Edit

Went to this place twice, great vegan burgers, super nice staff. Would recommend to anyone!

Impossible Burger more hype than taste - Edit

From the menu we saw that there were a couple of vegan burger patty options, vegan cheese, plus there was a big advertisement for the Impossible Burger, so we stopped in for dinner. Here's my Santa Monica Bareburger review.

The place is set up to have a barn-like rustic feel. Most people seem to be eating meat burgers with their fries.

We ordered the Impossible Burger, and that was a let-down. The buns and cheese that comes with it were not vegan. So we swapped for vegan buns. But to add vegan cheese you have to pay extra on top of the burger price at $14-15. Just stupid. Anyhow we go it with set sauce but no cheese, and the taste was very average. The patty itself is just so-so -- definitely more hype than anything else.

We also order one of their house-made vegan patties, served with a collar wrap, and that tasted alright.

The fries were good.

Not the Best Impossible Burger - Edit

This is the third time I have tried an Impossible Burger. It was decent, but I prefer the way the other places prepared the burgers. The cheese here is regular cheese, and I feel they could offer sauces or something to spice up their Impossible Burger.

Return to Santa Monica Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bareburger closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.