American
Fast food
Beer/Wine
Take-out

Vegan bar and lounge serving drinks with a DJ at night. Food menu offers philly cheese steak, tots, and other vegan fare. Can do take out or eat in Ponce City Market at a table if you don't want to wait to get into the bar. Est. 2021. NOTE: Kitchen is reported to close earlier than the bar, check ahead. Open Mon-Wed 11:30am-9:00pm, Thu 11:30am-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-12:00am, Sun 11:30am-9:00pm.

Venue map for Bar Vegan ATL
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by thom8418

xWolfxpak

Points +169

13 Jan 2024

Onion Rings and Cocktails

Stopped in for a snack. Onion Rings were great!!!

Mgfarmer

Points +535

23 Dec 2023

Always good

This is a must stop when I visit ponce city market. I’ve never had to wait too long for a table. And everything is usually really good. I like the bar/vegan atmosphere with the occasional live DJ.

Aylia

Points +401

11 Dec 2023

Love all menu items

Never had anything here I don’t like. It’s all paperless, which is fine, but you don’t get any kind of receipt after you pay. I’m not a big fan of the server holding up the bill and waiting for a form of payment, and not having a receipt makes it a little harder to split the bill when you go with friends. Food is great though.

Pros: Great comfort food, Good brunch , Seasonal menu options

Cons: No paper receipt, pay the server directly

dkpanthera

Points +80

01 Dec 2023

NOT a place to bring a family, even during the day

I was so disappointed with our experience at this restaurant. I am a longtime vegan and eating at Bar Vegan was on the top of our to do list in Atlanta. We made it to the restaurant yesterday, Thursday, November 30 at around 5:30pm. First off, the food was good. Flatbreat and Brussels were very good. Cheesesteak and spaghetti were okay. When we first walked in censored heavy rap was playing. This was fine with us. We ate our appetizer and ordered our main dishes and at around 5:50pm the music changed to uncensored heavy rap music. Here we are sitting with our 6, 8, and 11 year old children with f bombs, n words, and explicit sexual lyrics while we are trying to finish our meal. It was AWFUL. I can understand something like this after 8 or 9pm or on a weekend. Absolutely no consideration from the staff. Insult to injury when a 20% gratuity was automatically added to our bill for five people.

I would give them one star if Happy Cow would allow it. I have reached out to their management as well.

Updated from previous review on 2023-12-01

Pros: Food

Cons: Inappropriate music, Staff, 20% gratuity automatically added

happylovebug143

Points +235

Mostly Veg
14 Nov 2023

Dont walk.. run here!! .. looking fancy

Upscale grown up vibes.. a must for a date night or pre game! The decor was FAB and the food was so creative. To know and love slutty vegan and experience Bar Vegan.. is nothing short of amazing! The food is soooo artistically put together!

Pros: Onion ring flight

Will-Jeda

Points +27

Vegetarian
05 Nov 2023

Nice Spot, but they should start validating parking

Nice Spot in the Ponce city market upstairs, nice music, good food.
They gotta start validating parking for their customers though. Paying customers shouldn't have to pay for parking. Also, as a bar they should be serving daiquiris for customers who want daiquiris. And the waitresses should smile more and be more friendly ( Alice ) I would probably give it 3½ ⭐s honestly

Pros: Nice music, Good vibe, Food is decent

Cons: Chairs are small , Waitresses gotta step they game up and smile more, Gotta start validating parking for customers

Cflo

Points +28

22 Oct 2023

Very disappointed!

I wish I could say our first experience at Bar Vegan was great but not so much and it will definitely be our last.  We went for our anniversary/my birthday.  I ordered the Cheezesteak Eggrollz and it was horrible.  You can tell it was cooked in old grease and/or the impossible beef was bad. My husband is a Chef so I asked him to taste it and he confirmed it was probably a combination of bad beef and old grease. WeI let our waitress know and she was not apologetic at all.  She asked if I wanted something else so I ordered the  Quesadilla w/jerk chik’n. It was just ok.  The service in general was not great. The part that also disappointed me was not one manager came to the table to apologize for the bad food which tells me they could give a rat's behind if the grease was old or the “beef” was bad.  To top it off, they charge a 20% service fee.  For what I have no idea, it's not like they are hotel food service.  Anywho, we will not be going to Bar Vegan again that is for damn sure.

Cons: Service, 20% service fee, Food

IanP

Points +160

16 Oct 2023

Very good! Should be less expensive!

All of the food was good and felt like care was put into it. I feel it was a bit overpriced after noticing how many of the ingredients were things that I regularly find at Walmart. Also they were out of two different drinks, and one food items we wanted to order. They added a gratuity to the bill, but still recommended tipping on top which added a ton to our bill. I’ve never experienced that before. If you want to go all out and not care about the price, go for it!

Pros: Tons of options , Great atmosphere , Great service

Cons: Overpriced , Many items appear store bought

Owen7

Points +18

15 Aug 2023

Gasss

Great environment and atmosphere but even better food. 10/10 quality , service , and lots of fun for all!

Pros: Good music, Food, Atmosphere

tqkelly

Points +92

11 Aug 2023

Bar Vegan

The food was decent. Had a nice bar and DJ. Great atmosphere for lounging and eating.

Pros: Vegan Shrimp, Tator Tots, Cocktails

thisfatvegan

Points +22

11 Aug 2023

Date night

My wife and I got to enjoy a vegan spot that had date night vibes, and we loved it. The food was excellent, hands down the best vegan pizza I ever had. My nonvegan wife kept eating my food.

Pros: Green Goddess Pizza, The vibe and energy , The drinks

aleima

Points +30

08 Jul 2023

Yummy kale Caesar salad

The kale Caesar salad was very creamy and flavorful.

a_ruva

Points +366

01 Jul 2023

Always a good time

Bar vegan is always live and fun, the staff is friendly, it’s a whole vibe. The food of course is delicious, flavorful n seasoned!

kmbrophy

Points +1010

21 Jun 2023

Fun drinks & vegan junk food

Bar Vegan is a Pinky Cole restaurant (Slutty Vegan) so you know the food is gonna be great! Lots of fun drinks on the menu; all the ones we tried were delicious. Food was excellent, we got wings, cheesesteak, quesadillas, and bbq chick’n sliders.

Pros: Fun atmosphere , Good service , Great DJ

stonecat

Points +711

07 Jun 2023

Eggplant Parm

I had the eggplant parm and it was great! I chose it because it said house made marinara but a lot of menu items featured impossible brand items which I can purchase and juzz up myself at home. I would definitely come back to try more of the menu items.

RDF

Points +84

25 May 2023

OK

Sort of loud clubby joint, and rather pricey for what it is.

kale_queen

Points +443

23 May 2023

A little hard to find but very worth it

I got the Nashville hot chickn and my partner got wings. We also got drinks. Everything was really good! Would definitely become regulars if we lived in the area!

irplonk96

Points +2393

22 May 2023

Great drinks and food

I love Slutty Vegan, so I was so pumped when I found out Pinky Cole was opening a bar in PCM. I finally got around to going there. I had a strawberry cognac drink and split the Philly and tots with a friend. It was such a good time.

Updated from previous review on 2023-01-05

Pros: All vegan, Cool vibes

Cons: Pricy

nondairy.queen

Points +321

11 Mar 2023

Love the vibe

This place is so cool! Loved the drinks and food here.

BrittanyIdleburg

Points +399

04 Feb 2023

Great food, drinks and music

I have been here a few times now and enjoyed all the food I’ve tried which includes the street corn, jerk chick’n quesadilla, Philly cheezesteak egg rolls, kale Caesar salad, and chick’n sandwich. And I have only ever had the “Marta Express” drink because it’s so good I just default to it.

The music is good but can get loud later in the evening (just keep that in mind for potential conversations). Also, the decor is nice.

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Food was delicious, Drinks were very good

Cons: Music volume increases for evening/night patrons

KaitlinThomas

Points +198

03 Feb 2023

Amazing

Such an awesome vibe and really cool interiors. Food was so amazing! Lots of GF options, as well!

Pros: Everything

VeganNitha

Points +82

26 Jan 2023

Amazing

Laid-back environment #Veganuary

Pros: All Vegan , Pure Flavor

DocHardy

Points +353

01 Jan 2023

Good vibes and vegan eats

Great location with phenomenal food and some pretty solid drinks

Pros: 100% vegan, Great mixed drinks

RebeccaEats

Points +362

Vegetarian
06 Oct 2022

Good junky fix

Great place to head for a junk food fix, not a huge amount of choice if that’s not what you’re in the mood for! Great service too.

JJVeegs

Points +76

06 Oct 2022

Great food, good vibes

Came here two days in a row and had the quesadilla and tacos both of which were excellent. Also had the warm cookie dough with ice cream which was next level

Pros: All vegan

Loc’dVegan

Points +248

02 Oct 2022

Delicious

I finally made it to Bar Veg. I can say it don’t look like the pictures that’s posted on IG but it was nice. Not being denim Georgia we couldn’t find it due to in being inside a market place. Not very good directions either. Anywho the place was packed every table was taken even the bar. Make sure you make reservations. Although my waitress was not good at all and it took away from me enjoying my food.
I gods the beef quesadilla, street corn, and a mock tail. The mock tail I can’t remember the name but it was real tart. I had to let the ice melt before I could drink it. The totes were thrown on the plate and was cold. Other than that I would go back

Pros: Good value , Food not expensive , Dodd delicious

Cons: Some waitresses not fro, Crowded

mxhmcmahon

Points +73

Mostly Veg
27 Sep 2022

Disappointing compared to Slutty Vegan

I came here excited because Pinky Cole is a true icon in the vegan Atlanta community. Drinks were overpriced, service was poor, they ran out of so many drinks by 10pm that we had limited options down to wells. Pretty disappointed because the atmosphere at Slutty Vegan is so welcoming. The decor was nice.