Bar e Restaurante Taruíra

Contact 73-23457838

Rua C Nu 37 Praia da Concha, Itacare, Brazil, 45530-000

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers some vegan Bahian dishes which are currently (July 2014) not on the physical menu, but will be in the future. Also intends to add a vegetarian/vegan section but in the meantime just ask for vegan items. Owners want feedback and suggestions for vegan dishes. Has live music a few times per month. Outdoor seating is covered. Located about 50 meters from the beach. Free Wi-Fi. Open Mon 12:00am-12:00am, Tue-Sun 3:30pm-12:00am, Wed-Sun 12:00am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Bahian, Brasilian, Non-veg

First Review by Thiago Marques

Great Location, Fun Owners, and Delicious Food - Edit

I live next door to this restaurant and I spend a lot of time there. My husband and I get along really well with the owners, a young married Brasilian couple- Tiago and Rebecca.

They moved into their restaurant with the idea of healthy, well priced, traditional Bahian food in mind. Although they hadn't considered vegetarian and vegan options previously, my husband and I helped them realize which options they already had on their menu that can easily be vegetarian & veganized.

Tiago & Rebecca were even open to coming up with specific dishes for vegetarians and vegans to add to their menu. They now have a vegan muquequa and a vegan bobó. You can also ask them to put peanuts into your salad for extra protein and flavor.

They have an AMAZING sauce that they serve with their french fries and with a few other dishes. It has egg in it, but no dairy. Tiago and Rebecca are super flexible and are always willing to try new experiments with us. For example, my husband and I only eat eggs if we know they come from a loved hen with a happy home. Because of this, we bring over our own eggs and they make a special batch of their house sauce for us.

They're located about 200 feet from the beach and the energy of the space is pleasant. :) If you need help finding it, ask any local. It is on the same street as Casa Tiki and Casa Zaza near Praia da Concha.

I highly recommend eating or enjoying some drinks at Taruira if you're spending time in Itacaré.

Pros: Delicious Food, Good Price, Nice Owners

Cons: Can be tricky to find

Voltarei com certeza!! - Edit

Ótimo atendimento e comida de qualidade com preço justo. Moqueca de banana da terra é uma ótima pedida para quem passar por lá.

Pros: Ótimo atendimento, Variação no cardápio, Preço justo

Cons: Música ao vivo com pouca frequência

Return to Itacare Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bar e Restaurante Taruíra closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.