Bar Celoneta Sangria Bar

• Friend
Contact 931722280

Calle Sevilla 70, Barcelona, Spain, 08003

Bar and restaurant by the beach offering organic vegan food with tapas, burgers, salads, raw food and vegan cheese. Every Thursday is paella day. Specializes in sangria (with and without alcohol) and has organic wine and beer. The raw desserts are sugar- and gluten-free.

Category: Vegan, Italian, Organic, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Spanish

First Review by JosephSanisidro

i ordered the patatas bravas and tempeh sate, taste was okay nothing special, but sate was too cold - Edit

Delicious food! - Edit

We first went in for something to drink and maybe a sandwich but everything looked so good and we ended up trying a bunch of options on the menu. Vegan Aliens were the best for me, but everything we tried was delicious!

Wonderful sangria and coffe! - Edit

We had sangria and coffe, and both the sangria and coffe were yum! There is an entire menu just for sangria! Haven't tried the food, but while sitting in this cozy place other tables got food brought in and the it smelled lovely. Definitely going back to try the food!

Pros: Lots of options for sangria. Great coffe. By the m

Best vegan burger I've ever had! - Edit

Today me and my boyfriend visited this cute bar for some burgers and sangria. Both were so good! Highly recommend, and it's just a short walk from the main tourist beach. Staff were cool too!

Pros: delicious food, homemade sangria , cool vibe

A Mixed Bag - Edit

This place is close to the beach and serves tapas and burgers. We just went for tapas and found the food generally good, but not worth the money. It was crazily expensive! It was at least €6 for a glass of sangria. We saw some prawns on the tapas menu for €11 and decided to treat ourselves, but there was absolutely nothing special about them. Such a waste of money! I've had better vegan prawns for a fraction of the price at numerous Chinese buffets. The tempeh skewer was also a rip-off, with only two chunks of tempeh. The aliens tapas and romesco potatoes were delicious and good value for money, so that's something.

The staff were friendly, but they didn't even switch on the aircon, so we were sweating profusely and left pretty quickly.

Pros: Aliens tapas were very good, Good location by the beach

Cons: Very expensive for the quality of food

Too delicious :) - Edit

We went there twice in two days because it was sooooo delicious the first time. We had two different sangrias which were incredibly tasty and the burger B. B. King with tempeh and the sandwich "Luigi" with vegan cheese and mayonnaise and both were heaven on earth! So, we decided to come again the next day and check out the tapas like pan tomate, tempeh skewer and zucchini towers with vegan cheese... Everything was very delicious and I absolutely recommend this place to everyone! Even the staff was friendly! Don't miss it, you'd regret it!

Almost veganised Granny - Edit

Great food and great drinks. My husband and I went here with his grandmother and her husband (both non-vegans), and all the food was delicious, and the drinks were A++.
Grandmother absolutely loved the food, and even her husband could say little against it.
They did not have all the desserts listed, which was sad, but what they had was tasty.

Pros: Sangria

Cons: Did not have all the desserts listed

Just awesome!!!! - Edit

Me and my friend had a wonderful experience eating at this place. The food tasted amazing and the staff were nice and helpful. Don't hesitate to go there.

Pros: Excellent taste and size , Cozy atmosphere , Good value for money

Cons: The bun should be whole grain :)

Cool food and amazing atmosphere - Edit

I love the atmosphere in the bar, playful and loving. You have really big nice menu to choose from.

Pros: Atmosphere, Vegan menu, Nice staff

Cons: I would prefer to have potatoes or something else

Great vegetarian place! - Edit

We started off with alcoholic and one nom alcholic sangria and they were amazing. big glasses too.

We then went for the sharing bread which came with 4 dips. this was also a large portion.

then we went for the vegan prawns. my husband quite liked them but I didn't like them as they were a bit salty.

We also had the patata bravas with hot sauce which were yummy.

Great place and also great variety of burgers which we didn't get to try as we were so full.

atmosphere is very relaxed and quite spacious compared to other veg restaurants in Barcelona.

Pros: lots of choice, big portions.

Loved the tapas - Edit

This was on my list of places to try in Barcelona. We went with the tapas pretty much chose one of each dish. The stand outs for me were the vegan shrimps and the tempeh skewers. The patatas bravas was good too, with 3 different varieties.

Für mich waren das keine tappas - Edit

Auf der Speisekarte stehen mehrere Tappas. Habe 3 bestellt, einmal Kartoffeln, 4 Scheiben Brot mit einer Tomaten Creme und einen Tempeh Spieß. Die Kartoffelscheiben waren entweder frittiert oder angebraten. Auf jeden Fall waren die matschig und schwammen in Öl. Mein Magen war am rebellieren. Ich dachte es würde sowas wie Bruschetta serviert. Es kamen vier Scheiben weiches Brot mit einer versalzenen Tomatenmark Paste. Der Tempeh Spieß war ok aber nicht mehr.

Not worth it - Edit

The venue is nice but very small. We waited a long time to get our food. If you have been to Quinoa and tasted their Raw spaghetti salad you'll be extremely disappointed as it didn't seem to be the same salad. The potatoes were nice although the sauce is not hot. Another "vegan" restaurant specialized in burgers and hummus. Not worth the price.

Pros: Nice local

Cons: Slow service, Not original, Too touristy

Sí pero no - Edit

Un vegano en esa zona se agradece la verdad. Eso sí, es muy pequeño y si vais más de 6 no vsis a caber.
El servicio es lento. o lo siguente. Se olvidan de traer cubiertos, servilletas...
Llega la comida con mucho retraso y la bebida es cara y minúscula.
Las patatas estan bien. Pero ya está. No valen el precio que se pone y la salsa de las bravas no sabe a nada, y menos a picante.
Las hamburguesas son buenas pero el pan parece mal descongelado. No vale nada. En total no vale los 7 o 8 euros que te cobran ni de lejos.
Para cobrar también se toman su tiempo. Y no es que el sitio esté lleno, que va, es pura desidia. Los camareros pasean por la barra como si no existieras.
Caro, raciones mínimas de bebida, comida regulera y servicio pésimo. Que se gasten el dinero los extranjeros si quieren, nosotros nunca más.

Pros: Cerca de la playa, Vegano

Cons: Caro, Servicio pesimo, Comida regular

Unreal Tapas - Edit

Absolutely LOVED this place. Amazing vegan tapas and burgers; the weird alien tapas in particular was delicious. Staff friendly and cute cosy atmosphere.

Pros: Delicious food, Cute atmosphere and good location next to the beac, Good value

Cons: So good we came back here to spend more money!

Relaxing, delicious sangria restaurant - Edit

This was probably my favorite vegan restaurant in Barcelona that I visited. Not only is the sangria amazing (and comes in a wide variety) but the food is so, so good. The "shrimp" is a must! Staff was incredibly friendly and it's located a block from the beach.

Pros: Location, Sangria

The best restaurant - Edit

tapas was so gooood! All vegan! The sangria was delicious, the restaurant was cosy and the staff friendly. Wish I was hungrier when we were there, I wanted to taste everything on the menu!

Pros: All vegan, excellent tapas

Cons: None!

great sangria and tapas near the beach - Edit

This is a great place to go to when visiting the beach. The portion sizes of food are good and the food is very tasty. It's a friendly quirky place with a relaxed vibe. The range of organic sangrias are fab and are a perfect accompaniment to enjoy with your vegan tapas. If you fancy a stroll along the beach with an ice cream to follow, I would recommend a visit to La Heladeria Mexicana which is very close by and offers a good range of delicious vegan ice creams.

Pros: friendly relaxed restaurant. 100% vegan. delicious

Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys - Edit

We eventually got to Bar Celoneta in December 2015 after years of just thinking about going. This is a beautiful vegan sangria and tapas bar located in the real life world of Barcelonetta amongst a residential setting. The range of beers here is exceptional. I went for an Amstel Oro Tostada. A gorgeous and cheeky dark Dutch number. We also had a sangria that blew away anything that I've ever tasted before. It was more like a cocktail made with class and passion. They are individually made and not mass produced like at most sangria places. To accompany this we had a patata bravas com curry. This was genuinely scintillating. The interior is colourful and welcoming. It's very friendly, and run by a passionate vegan who was a genuine pleasure to speak with. You could spend hours here over a few beers and tapas dishes whilst surfing on the WiFi. On a second visit in April 2016, we chose a selection of tapas dishes including tempeh & aubergine skewers, traditional Catalan tomato bread, "Vegan Aliens' (layers of vegan cheese and roasted courgette) and patatas bravas. Spicy spicy, not for kids!! It's not Michelin starred but I would give it an Estrella.

Pros: fantastic beer and sangria, excellent tapas, very friendly

We Loved this place! - Edit

We turned up on April Fool's day and the lovely owner played a different trick on every table - we were right royally got! Food is fine but I'm not really a fan of vegan food being made to look like meat so the incredibly life-like prawns weren't for me. I can strongly recommend the dips though - definitely worth a visit and it's right by the posh port so you can saunter past the enormous yachts and then on up Las Ramblas to work off the large portions!

Loved it!!!! - Edit

The bar is located near the beach in a small side rode. It's cozy and nicely decorated. The staff is very friendly! Menues are offered in Spanish and English.
We had a BBKing Burger which was amazing in taste as well as texture. We also had the Vegan Aliens as a starter with vegan cheese (very good) and the patatas of the house. The organic wine was very good.
As a dessert we had the tiRAWmisu and the apple cake - both very tasty.
10/10 - would totally recommend!!!

Pros: English menu, Tasty, Ample choice

Cons: No terrace

Whole Tapas list is delicious - Edit

We ordered practically everything from the tapas menu, and it was heavenly. The vegan shrimps were looked like the real thing, and they were yummy, and the cheese made of coconut was a pleasant surprise, compared to the usual soy versions. I'm not usually a fan of the perkiness of peppers and olives, but the tapas which mixed both had a nice smooth taste. With a 40 EUR bill this is more expensive than eating tapas elsewhere around the area, but I'll spoil myself with this again.
Updated from previous review on Sunday March 13, 2016

Pros: Delicious food, Generous tapas sizes, Quiet space

Cons: High prices, No heating

We loved it! - Edit

We've been here twice while visiting Barcelona (We actually went there a thrid time, but it was closed). Once for the Brunch and another time for dinner. The staff was very welcoming. We ordered their recommondation and it was magnificent! The Brunch has a very big variety undyou get cava, too! Everything is very reasonably priced, we absolutely loved it here.

Pros: Welcoming staff, great food, great price

Cool small place - Edit

Cosy and popular bar with a variety of vegan snacks and local dishes; for those who come for a drink there is plenty of beers, cocktails and their speciality, a dozen flavors of Sangria's.
We witnessed a birthday party, which was looked after nicely with a cake, candles and music. The staff was very efficient, taking into account they were only two for the whole place. Everything on the menu is vegan at this point and those dishes, we ordered, were quite tasty and what we found really good were the reasonable (i.e. not too big) portions.
We presume that alcoholic beverages are not 100% vegan. But one can always drink some tea :)

Charming - Edit

This evening we tried a TirRAWmisu and the Salome and Denise sangrias. Everything was really tasty and the service was top notch. I really liked the cosy atmosphere. The only downside for me is that its a little bit more expensive than over places we have visited, though this is probably down to its great location.

Pros: great food and sangria, atmosphere

Cons: a bit more expensive than other vegan places

BEST VEGGIE BURGER EVER - Edit

Very very recommended nice place and food is AMAZING - so many types of veggie burgers, me and my boyfriend had the best veggie burgers ever. Also loads of types of sangria which was good as well. Was very quiet when we were there on a friday night which was surprising. Hope they are getting enough business as they are Fantastic!! - very recommended

Just love it! - Edit

This place is amazing! I visited it many times and I will come back in future.
Very delicious burgers, vegan tapas, fresh, home made sangria, friendly staff.

This place have "vegan spirit!"

Pros: burgers, friendly staff, great food

Awesome Location, Fresh Food. - Edit

Super happy to find a vegan place so close to the beach. Not sure why some people seem to imply the prices are expensive, as they aren't at all. Its in an incredible location, all the food is super fresh, ran really well by friendly staff too.

Awesome selection. Fresh juices, salads, raw dishes, but also serves burgers, fries and beers!

Pros: Location, Friendly, Fresh

Tasty food - Edit

The food was very tasty - but the portions are really small. The burger arrived without any side orders. More vegan than vegetarian options. Great selection of Sangria.

Pros: tasty food, great selection of Sangria, more vegan than vegetarian

Cons: small portion

Good - Edit

We went to bar celoneta and we ordered two vegan burgers and one cider sangria. The vegan burgers were delicious. We recomend.

Pros: Tasty food, Nice decoration

Cons: Expensive sangria

Perfect Mediterranean beach restaurant for veggies - Edit

Huge menu with clearly labelled vegetarian and vegan options. I particularly enjoyed it because I felt I could have a proper Mediterranean tapas and sangria experience, which can be difficult when you're vegan. The food was fantastic, the atmosphere was great, and the chef (owner?) was super friendly. We had a chat and some limoncello after our meal, and he gave us some helpful travelling tips too. Very highly recommended!

Pros: Huge selection of great food, Friendly staff, Cozy atmosphere

Wonderful time at this cozy vegan/vegetarian oasis - Edit

My wife and I had the pleasure of enjoying a great meal here after a Sunday evening walk on the Barceloneta beach. The restaurant is located on a small side street a few blocks from the beach & it's easy to find due to a sign they had on the sidewalk at the corner at the end of the block.

The menu is very vegan friendly. The vegan fare is tapas focused but they also offer homemade veggie burgers that would probably be a meal on their own.

Since my wife and I are vegan, we didn't really get to immerse ourselves in Barcelona's extensive tapas scene but the offerings at Bar Celoneta brought us into the tapas realm.

We thoroughly enjoyed patatas with a 'Montserrat' inspired sauce, tasty mixed greens salad with walnuts, delicious grilled veggies that were full of flavor (herbs and spices) and were topped with with a great romesco sauce, circles of perfectly cooked and spiced tempeh with lime shavings and lastly, delicious, expertly cooked smoked tofu that really took on an inviting smokey flavor.

I had my first Estrella Galicia of the trip (I'm a craft beer nerd so I tried Spanish craft beers the entire trip) and my wife had a lovely Cava/Campagna/Red Vermouth drink.

The ambience of this establishment is great - cozy, comfy, there are books designed to look like flying birds hanging from the ceiling, the lighting might be a little too dark but once again, it adds to the cozy vibe.

The service was perfect. Roberto, the owner, served us promptly, checked in on us throughout the meal and made us feel like friends. We enjoyed a great conversation with him at the end of our meal and we will certainly come back here when we return to Barcelona.

Pros: great vegan food, prompt, attentive service, comfy and cozy

Cons: could use a little more lighting, no air conditioning (still not too hot)

Average - Edit

We had the opportunity to do a brunch on this site.
- Positive things:
The staff is very friendly.
The restaurant is near the beach, in a place where there are no other vegetarian options.
- Things not so positive:
The hummus we tasted has much room for improvement, like a lot. The staff told us that they make the hummus without garlic to avoid allergies. I don't know if it was the garlic or there were other customizations.
The rest of the food was generally correct but nothing special. Since opinions about this place are very good, we want to come back another day to try at lunch or dinner.

Pros: Nice staff, Location

Cons: hummus

A veggie place on the beach - Edit

We went there during our day at the beach one saturday noon. The place is really convenient for such a day if you're vegan/vegetarian since there is not a lot of veggie places around. As they propose a brunch on week-end, we do not had the menu card that day (the one outside looked good!) but we were offer only their three brunch options. We took the basic one that consisted of one juice, one main dish (there was two choices of vegan omelette), the buffet ad libitum and tea/coffee for 13,50 euros which was really fair. The staff was friendly but seems sometimes a little lost (we sometimes waited a moment).

The vegan omelette were really good and well presented, the buffet was nice but lacks a little bit vegan options in comparison to vegetarian ones. Moreover, they should be more clearly labelled (some were but some were not). I took a seitan dish, some fried vegetables, hummus and bread. On the whole, it was a good experience but could have been even better!

Pros: good food, brunch on week-end, vegan options, affordable, beach location

Cons: brunch could offer more vegan options, staff sometimes seems lost

One of the few veg options close to the beach - Edit

Small and cozy bar, with good-value for money if you consider the touristic area. Regarding the food, simple and tasty dishes, combined with regular cocktails. You can eat as much as you want but you have to accept that the main ingredients are potato, cheese and bread. Friendly staff but amateur and with not too much nice vibe among them. Extraordinary location close to Barceloneta beach.

Pros: Beach location, Eat as much as you want, Good value for money

Cons: Regular staff, Simple recipes, Not that many vegan options

Vegetarian oasis next to the beach - Edit

I found this little cozy place following some reviews on other websites and I must say it is worth a visit, even for non-vegetarians like my partner! The quality of ingredients is very hight, being a bar and not a restaurant one expect to have little choice in food but this is not the case: a variated and well designed menu with vegan section and fully vegetarian dishes on which I recommend the tempeh burger as it is fabulous! The staff is very friendly and dedicated.

Pros: Fresh ingredients, Cozy atmosphere, sofas

Cons: no table outside

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bar Celoneta Sangria Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 14054 times since May 2014.