BarCeloneta Sangria Bar

• FRIEND
  • ( 333 reviews )

Calle Sevilla 70, Barcelona, Spain, 08003

Cozy plant-based bar by the beach featuring a large variety of vegan Spanish dishes. House specialties include a variety of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic sangrias, tapas and paella. Also offers artisan bagels, desserts and ice cream. Has a unique selection of local organic wine.
Note December 2021: Restaurants in Spain may offer indoor dining. Restrictions regarding opening hours and capacity may vary by region, call ahead. Open Mon 17:00-23:00, Thu-Fri 17:00-23:00, Sat-Sun 13:00-23:00. Hours change seasonally.

Categories: Vegan, Organic, Raw, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Spanish, Gluten-free

First Review by JosephSanisidro

DomDe

Points +22

23 Nov 2021

Fantastic atmosphere, great service - absolute gem !

Atmosphere, food, Service. Cheeze board was fantastic 😍

Pros: Vegan options - almost fine dining 💪😍

plants_and_planes

Points +79

01 Nov 2021

All vegan in Barceloneta

Cozy all-vegan place in the narrow grid of the fishermen's quarter near the beach of Barceloneta. Veganized local dishes on the menu, we tried the paella, marinated tofu & tomatoes, fries & romesco and crunchy gnocchi, and liked all of it.
A variety of other tapas and drinks is available. Friendly staff. Compared to other restaurants in the region, the prices are appropriate.

Pros: All vegan , Local dishes , Friendly staff

Cons: Quite pricy

klstuart

Points +317

31 Oct 2021

Comfortable place to relax and enjoy

Loved the look of the place and the people were nice. Tapas offered were a good selection and we enjoyed all. There was only one dessert option available of the three on the menu, which was yummy. Would have preferred to each get a different selection to try.

Pros: Nice selection. , Cozy atmosphere

Cons: One dessert choice

MiriamSchreiber

Points +16

23 Oct 2021

Great vegan Paella and Tapas

Nice and cozy place near the beach with very friendly staff!
The Paella we had was amazing - as well as the cheese plate and the croquets. The tarte was very good, too.
Highly recommend this place!

LizAronson

Points +31

Vegetarian
08 Oct 2021

Best Vegan Paella in Barcelona

You must go to this place. It has the best vegan paella in Barcelona and is the best meal I've eaten here (I've been here for 2 months). I'm usually not a fan of fake meat/seafood but they make it with plant-based shrimp and calamari that tastes so good and doesn't have the artificial feel of so many others. Highly recommend!

EmilyHansson

Points +310

30 Sep 2021

Nice cozy place by the beach

Tried different tapas such as the cheese platter, gnocchi

SummerLee

Points +1456

28 Sep 2021

Cute spot, right near beach

Perfect for after beach Sangria. Nice food selection. Fun environment.

Charly0993

Points +413

21 Sep 2021

Great taste but too expensive

I ate 2 tapas and a sangria. The taste of everything was great. However, even though I knew it would be expensive, the portions were also very small. I think minus 2€ per dish on the menu (most dishes) would be more appropriate for what one gets. If it was cheaper, I’d definitely go there again and try e.g. the Paella but with the prices and portions at the moment, it’s not worth it for me to go there again. (Gave 3 stars then)

Edit September 2021: actually went there again after I felt like quite a lot of restaurants were more expensive now. They changed their menu a bit, which was a good idea, I think. The paella was really good. The calamari were good but not as good as they used to be. Staff was very friendly and even gave me a glass of Champaign ( a Liquor after dinner) on the house since it was m Birthday. This was sooo kind! I appreciated it a lot and just made it a 5/5 evening for me.

Updated from previous review on 2020-03-09

Pros: Taste, Friendly staff, Nice interior

Cons: Pricy, Small portions

LisaSpykers

Points +2698

20 Sep 2021

Great drinks and flavourful food

We ate the crunchy gnocchi, calamari and tempura vegetable plate, paella, and sangria. Everything was full of flavor and well prepared. The paella is on the small side for its price tag (€14.5) but most of Barcelona is. Really cute restaurant near the beach.

Pros: Tasty

Cons: Paella is small for its price

LauraVeg

Points +151

19 Sep 2021

Great Place for Vegan Paella

We had a great experience here! The service was friendly and we liked the food. Best vegan paella I had so far! The potatoes, onion rings and croquettes were also really nice. I would have liked them to have more traditional tapas items on the menu, but in vegan.

Pros: Nice staff, Cute ambiance, Amazing paella

Cons: Food on the greasier side , Could have more “classic” tapas on the menu

AnikaSchäfer

Points +214

11 Sep 2021

Love it!

Really nice and unusual sangrias, and very tasty food. We had the mixed tapas board. It is rather expensive considering most of the items were likely frozen and then deep fried.

Pros: Great sangrias, Food tasty

Cons: Expensive considering its not freshly cooked, Staff not overly welcoming

Sang

Points +26

09 Sep 2021

Super tolles Essen!

Sangria war sehr gut und das Essen auch! Die Paella war für meinen Geschmack etwas zu ölig aber super lecker und authentisch!

Pros: Alles vegan

Sphynxdani

Points +168

04 Sep 2021

Love love love!

Staff were friendly and kind. The food especially the paella are to die for. Sangrias are good. We had the Cleopatra which was good but we came here two years ago and compared to the MonaLisa I recommend that. Taste testing of all they have to offer is a must. It’s a quaint little place with limited seating but beautiful decor

Pros: Some of the best Sangrias in Barcelona , Big choice of burgers , Amazing paella

Cons: Small , Have to reserve in advance , Dishes come out fast to free tables quicker

arnaunolla

Points +28

31 Aug 2021

Vegan Paella and seafood

Wouldn't have imagined such a cozy little restaurant would have so much to offer! They have wonderful paellas, seafood, and even a large selection of tapas! A must if you're in Barcelona

BMarin

Points +131

19 Aug 2021

Vegan seafood and wine

An exceptional cosy little restaurant with a surprising taste !
Their offer of seafood options is the best I ever had so far in Europe.
Wines are available for the perfect pairing and staff is very friendly and helpful.

KimCarels

Points +45

16 Aug 2021

Perfection

I ate here 2 days in a row and the food was amazing. I ate the beachvibes plate, the cheese platter and the paella and I cannot choose a favourite. You should also try the Sangria ! Sadly I only discovered this place at the end of my vacation.

Pros: Super friendly, Excellent food, Cozy bar

Chrisstine

Points +32

13 Aug 2021

Best food experience in Barcelona

Really cozy place with very good service! We had the paella, tapas (cheese plate, onion rings and olives) and sangrias. Everything was so tasty and satisfying! Best vegan food experience in Barcelona so far.

Updated from previous review on 2021-08-13

Pros: Everything is vegan, there are lots of options,, service is really quick and the waiters are super , nice and friendly.

Cons: A bit pricey... 😏💸💸

whepper

Points +1003

07 Aug 2021

Delicious paella and lasagna

I’ve eaten here many times over the years. The food is always delicious. This time I had the paella and later the lasagna which are awesome. The good part about the lasagna is that it is not too cheesy. I also tried the croquettes, spicy fingers and the delicious desserts. Service was quick and friendly.

Updated from previous review on 2021-07-15

Updated from previous review on 2021-07-15

Pros: All vegan!, Delicious food, Close to the beach

anavdr

Points +71

04 Aug 2021

Overpriced but good, dessert not great

The Paella is fantastic and the Kalamari aswell! But 3 croquetas for 5 euros is too expensive!! They were yummy but small. The servers were kind and attentive, very good waiters and fast! The tiramisu I would not strongly recommend; it’s good and tasty but not chocolate-y enough and tastes like nuts.

Updated from previous review on 2021-08-04

Pros: Delicious and unique food, Classic Spanish food (paella) , Good service and kind waiters

Cons: Very expensive , Tiramisu wasn’t great

Chad_and_Emily

Points +1084

30 Jul 2021

Loved it

Excellent paella. Some creative menu options. Attentive service. Will definitely return.

Pros: Creative , Service

taschik

Points +42

29 Jul 2021

Excellent food

Super friendly, great taste and the beat sangria! The paella is a must!

Pros: Sangria, Paella

MESParis/NYC

Points +316

28 Jul 2021

Delicious vegan tapas

Went here with my family and we ordered about 10 of everything because we were famished. The croquettes were delicious, as were the fries with Romesco sauce. We also got onion rings and the Andalusian "kalimari." My son got the #ChickenChallenge burger, which was divine. And gigantic! Very friendly, patient staff. I only wish there was outdoor seating, since it's a bit cramped inside, which isn't the greatest during the pandemic. But there is plenty of ventilation through the large open windows. I'd definitely go back.

Pros: Delicious vegan tapas, Good Cava, sangria

Cons: No outdoor seating

BeaRo

Points +159

14 Jul 2021

small portions

The taste was really great but the portions were small and pretty expensive. Not only the Tapas but also the paella for almost 17€ was not enough for one person even though the menu said so.

Updated from previous review on 2020-02-16

Pros: Vegan paella

Cons: Expensive, Small portions

LineDK

Points +64

Vegetarian
11 Jul 2021

A treasure not to be missed

Great foods, ambient place, friendly service

Pros: Great menu with many options, Beautiful dishes including vegan prawns, Amazing flavours

Naiii

Points +331

26 Jun 2021

Buena paella vegana

Buen sitio para comer vegano. La paella y el sorbete de mango muy buenos.

mariely

Points +655

21 Jun 2021

It has changed a lot

The food is very good and the people are lovely, however it seems like the restaurant has changed a lot.
The portions are a lot smaller and the price is more or less the same as it used to.

Updated from previous review on 2021-06-21

Pros: Nice people

Cons: Small portions, Expensive

Brusswole_Sprouts

Points +299

20 Jun 2021

Auténtica comida española!

One of my biggest peeves is that people think we miss out on cultural experiences as vegans while traveling. Places like this prove them wrong. Delicious tapas and sangria. All vegan!

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has BarCeloneta Sangria Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.