Bar Cafe Coto

Contact +34-609881040

Plaza Drassana 12, Palma de Mallorca, Mallorca, Spain, 07012

Serves meat, vegan options available. Meals start with a serving of local olives, fresh bread and virgin olive oil. Vegan options include a vegetable soup with Ayurvedic spices and an eggplant tomato chowder with Ayurvedic spices served with basmati rice. Salads and pasta dishes; try the pasta with tomato, onion & garlic sauce.

Category: Indian, Italian, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by martinm

friendly service & vegan options!! - Edit

this is a very nice restaurant with a few marked vegan options that were very enjoyable, I had the aubergine tomato curry-type dish. the staff were also very friendly!

Pros: marks vegan options

Yeah just no - Edit

The service was quite obviously not happy with non-spanish talkers. Unfriendly and unprofessional, and also did not know there menu had Vegan food on it. Though it clearly stated 'purley vegan' on two things.

As for the food, I dared nothing else then the Dahl, and it was an okey Dahl. A bit dry but you could smell the spices, I certanliy had worse.

I will not go back, first if I want Indian food I go to an Indian resturant.

The best part was the olives served as a starter. Thoose where probably locally sourced and tasted amazing.

Pros: Location, Clearly marked vegan objects

Cons: Bad service, Food taste

Great drinks, ok food - Edit

I got to Coto after a horrible experience at Another resturante. I was really happy to see that they had vegan options on the menu. We had drinks and I ate some rice with eggplant and tomato sause that didn't really taste much, but was okay (it was cheap and vegan and I was hungry).

Great drinks though. And the food is really not bad!

think twice... - Edit

In a nutshell - we were really disappointed about the quality, service and atmosphere of the... hmm pub. This is not really a restaurant.

Now the details:

Food quality - the served bread is lowest quality and you will get better bread in more or less every restaurant around. The goat cheese was probably heated by a microwave as well as the vegetarian (spinach) lasagne... Furthermore the lasagne was tasteless (in both meanings of the word:-))

so think twice before going there if you are really in for healthy food!

Pros: none

Cons: low quality, no taste, microwave

Return to Mallorca Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bar Cafe Coto closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1466 times since Jan 2012.