Bar Bombon

267-606-6612

133 S 18th St, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, 19103

Latin themed vegan taqueria and bar est. 2015. Menu offer dishes like empanadas, arepa, and tacos. Happy hour Mon-Thu 4-7pm, weekend brunch til 3pm. Sister restaurant to HipCityVeg and Charlie was a Sinner. Open Mon-Thu 11:30am-10:00pm, Fri 11:30am-11:00pm, Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Delivery, Take-out, Mexican, Latin American, Puerto Rican, Venezuelan

First Review by butikiteas

Philadelphia, PA: Vegan chefs rock. - Edit

It's a really great thing that I do not live in Philadelphia. I would be BROKE! This place was so good. I was going back and forth with whether I should get an entree with my chips and guac, but I am glad I didn't. It was so filling, so fresh, and just the right amount of spice. The bread used for the Cubano Club was really soft and delicious. The Tres Leches dessert was great, just can't say enough good things about Bar Bombon. Can't wait to be back and try something different!

Pros: Everything

Cons: Nothing

Wonderful Healthy Choice - Edit

Great vegan food and vibe tonight at Bar Bombon. Fresh food for the soul with wonderful service. I would for sure eat there again. ??

Consistently delicious food! - Edit

This vegan restaurant serves up delicious Latin-inspired foods. I'm always pleased with the dishes, portions, and prices. I look forward to my meals here but I'm wary of a couple of things: the service is not always consistent (my partner and I had dishes & drinks comped because of the incredibly slow/inattentive service one night!) and the beer menu is almost never accurate (with the waiter always apologizing for never having the beer I want because "the beer menu hasn't been updated"). Having said that, I will still happily go back to this restaurant, time after time, because the food is outstanding. (The nachos are incredible and the tres leches cake is not to be missed!) I've had romantic dinners here as well as raucous brunches so the ambiance varies depending on time of day, day of week, etc. The space is not huge but it can accommodate small groups. There is also a bar at the front of the restaurant where seating is almost always available. I believe they also have a take-out window where you can order food to go, if you're looking for quick take-out. Reservations are recommended for peak dining hours, though, if you're hoping to dine in.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly staff

Cons: Service can be spotty, Out-of-date beer menu

YUM - Edit

Really loved this place. Wished I could have tried more things on the menu!! Got two of the tacos and the fish taco and seitan taco were both really good. The tres leches cake was also incredible.

Pros: So many amazing options, 3 types of yummy vegan tacos, cubano, etc, Amazing desserts!!!

phenomenal - Edit

Great food and vibe! Definitely will come back when in the philly area

Awesome Spot in Downtown Philly - Edit

Food was great!

Delicious! - Edit

We went to Bar Bombon tonight, and it was fantastic! It was busy, especially for a holiday. Nice crowd, excellent server (thank you, Maddie!), and very tasty food! We had the beef and Chick'n empanadas, Brussel sprout tacos, chorizo tacos, picante guac, tostones, and yuca fries. Their rice and beans are just amazing! The drinks were original (beet, habanero, lime margarita!) and tasty. I think that the heat was just right in the food, but some of the items and sauces were a little under seasoned. My omnivore finance also enjoyed everything we ate...that speaks volumes! It was great being at an all vegan restaurant and supporting a business that I can stand behind. Highly recommend!

Pros: original dishes , excellent service, all vegan!

Cons: food was a little under seasoned , may be pricey for a casual bite for some

enchiladas were incredible! - Edit

Fantastic all vegan restaurant. I will definitely return before I leave Philly!

Cons: none!

Great Taqueria - Edit

We went here shortly after it opened, and have been many times since. Never disappointed!

We've tried the tacos (fish, chorizo, beef, chicken), the guac (regular and spicy), the empanadas, the salads (all of them) and the soups. Haven't had one poor choice in the bunch. Highly recommend this for vegans and non-vegans alike.

Pros: Excellent variety, Frequent new additions to the menu, Priced reasonably

Cons: Can get loud when crowded (a "con" for some!)

Heavenly Hot Chocolate - Edit

Order the Mexican hot chocolate. It tastes like perfection. Seriously.

The side of sweet potato salad was also amazing and I wouldn't give it a second doubt about ordering it.

The chick'n wrap was so delicious! A hearty wrap if you want to feel full.

Pros: Friendliest staff!, Fine quality food, Warm ambiance, feels private and cozy

Cons: Small Menu, Smaller space could feel compact of busy

fancy for the right price and quality - Edit

great food, drinks were superb. definitely a nice place to go for a special occasion but not so pricey so you can go whenever

Pros: all vegan

Cons: i didn't have any

nice addition to an already super vegan-friendly city - Edit

great, newish vegan place in Rittenhouse! The cauliflower tacos were great, and my salad was also quite good. My son and husband enjoyed their pancakes and French toast. Red salsa was bland, and green salsa was just okay, but other than that, everything was good. Nice brunch drinks.

Authentic Latin food - Edit

It is my first visit to Philadelphia and, of course, before coming I checked the Happycow listings. Being latina, I was beyond excited to find a vegan Latin restaurant. Bar Bombon did not disappoint. I tried the chick'n empanadas (they reminded me of the tofu empanadas my abuelita use to make for me), they are delicious and authentic. I highly recommend them. I also liked the brussels sprouts tacos (they come with a bit of rice and beans and those were delicious too), the french fries, and a fantastic margarita.

Pros: Authentic , Delicious, Affordable

Beyond delicious - Edit

I was visiting Philly back in November, and right before I got on the bus back to NYC, I passed-by Bar Bombon. I made a mental note and knew I would stop-by on my next visit to the city.

My next visit happened this past weekend and Bar Bombon was the first restaurant my husband and I picked upon arrival. We were both excited to try the tacos and yucca fries, but when we were seated, our very kind waiter told us only brunch items could be served, which did not include tacos or yucca fries. That's okay, everything is vegan so we had an entire menu to select from.

With the help of our awesome waiter (I wish I could remember his name, he was so nice and helpful... very tall with glasses) we decided on the guac & chips, empanadas, and Cubano club. OMG, seriously, everything was so beyond delicious! The empanadas were only very lightly fried, so you didn't get that heavy grease feeling after eating them. But the standout item was by far the Cubano club. Holy cow, this tasted insane. The texture was perfection and the bread they serve it on was seriously the softest, most scrumptious stuff I've ever had. I also tried a crisp apple drink, called La Jefa, that was also amazing. The food and service were both incredible, everyone working there was overly pleasant and there is just a seriously happy, zen vibe you get when eating here. I wish I could give Bar Bombon 10 "happy cows" they so deserve it!

Pros: Service, Drinks

delicious dinner - Edit

I took my husband here for his birthday last night. The food was incredible and service was quick. The server was a sweetheart and gave us great recommendations on what to do in town. I recommend the enchiladas and tacos.

Loved it! - Edit

Small spot with great tasting food. I had the chicken enchiladas and the tres leche cake - absolutely delicious! If I lived in the area, this would be my go-to spot for dinner and drinks.

Pros: tasty food, trendy spot

Great Food - Edit

We had the empanadas, fish tacos, sweet potato salad, and chorizo tacos. It was very good especially the sweet potato salad which took me by surprise. Everything was reasonably priced and the waitress was very friendly. I am looking forward to going back again.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Excellent Food

Much needed addition to vegan culinary scene - Edit

I'm all about vegan latin food but trouble has been I have to cook it myself or order the bean burrito minus half the ingredients. Thank gosh for Bar Bombon! Vegan tacos, burritos, enchiladas, yay! If you go you must order anything with the chorizo and the Tres Leches cake for desert,so delicious.

Pros: vegan latin food, cute decor, impeccable service

Return to Philadelphia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bar Bombon closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.