First Review by jon active

Vegan menu not possible - Edit

We wanted to go there and asked beforehand whether we could get a vegan menu.
They replied they serve vegetarian dishes, but no vegan dishes. Strange, because it seems some of the vegetarian dishes would be easily made vegan...
So unfortunately, no place for vegans.
So, because of this, and although we haven't been here, we think it needs improvement.

If you are looking for restos in Bruges where vegans are welcome, check out our blog!

Cons: vegan menu not possible

Superb Restaurant! - Edit

My partner and I visited Brugge the weekend just gone with a couple of vegetarian friends so I had researched restaurants that were veg friendly. The host was friendly and very amusing and his wife, the chef (brilliant woman!) was superb. I would consider this a moderately priced restaurant and with the excellence of the food it is outstanding. our Vegetarian friends were happy with the choice on the menu.
A note to the review above: It was a full house on Saturday and plenty of people eating meat. The system this restaurant has to take food fumes away (the kitchen is open to the public) is so good that you cannot smell food until your plate is placed in front of you.

Excellent restaurant and well worth the visit!
Patricia

Pros: Excellent Food, Excellent Service, Excellent Atmosphere

Posh nosh - Edit

This place is smart if not posh and the food expensive. It was good and different but the menu is full of dead animals some of which seemed rare and exotic to our "western sense" so it was a blessing that we were alone and didn't have to put up with the smell of anyone else's food!

Pros: Interesting food, Friendly owner

Cons: Limited options, Lots of meat on menu, Not cheap

Return to Bruges Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Baobab closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3035 times since Sep 2009.