CLOSED: Bao Xiang Chu

020-87384073

Level 2, 41 Siyou New Road, Yuexiu District (at opposite Wuyang High School), Guangzhou, China

宝香厨素食, at 越秀区寺右新马路41号佰11盈商业城2楼(五羊中学对面). At certain days of a month they give out free lunch boxes. Closed Aug 2017 for renovations - please let HappyCow know if / when it reopens.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Western

First Review by Jrosworld

Great restaurant - Edit

Open June 2017. No English, bring your translation app. Food was good, but not spicy. Staff friendly and helpful. 30-50 yuan a dish.

Pros: taste, price, decor

Cons: no English

Nice restaurant interesting menu good service - Edit

pleasant environment with Buddhist aspects and relaxing music . The picture menu is good for those who don't speak mandarin. the asparagus and mushrooms dish was delicious. the food arrives as it comes out of the kitchen so you can get a plate of plain noodles after you've eaten the vegetable dishes. I would recommend.

Pros: good value

Delicious food, very friendly staff - Edit

To find this place, go out of exit D of Wuyangcun metro station. Walk straight for about three minutes, and it will be on the second floor of a building on your right-hand side (I'll add a picture of the building entrance).

This didn't look like the kind of restaurant that would usually cater to solo diners, but still I was given a very warm welcome.

The hostess spoke no English, so fetched the waitress who spoke the most. Even she only spoke very little, but combined with the Chinese picture menu, we were able to get by. And I'll hasten to add that through all of these exchanges, the staff were friendly, smiling, and a great pleasure to deal with. They made the experience of dining here a lot of fun.

Whilst waiting for my food, I was able to enjoy the eloquent decor of the place, which included a little water feature on my table. And when the food arrived, it did not disappoint.

It was delicious, reasonably priced, and the three dishes that I ordered were probably more suited to groups.

I was not deterred however, and was able to force it all down despite the waitresses offer that I could take-away any that I could not eat.

This place seemed more suited to couples and groups, and if you don't have a Chinese-speaker among you, then be prepared to communicate with only basic English and sign-language.

Despite both of these, and greatly enjoyed my lunch. This is definitely one if Guangzhou's better vegetarian offerings.

Pros: Good food, Incredibly friendly staff, Eloquent decor

Cons: Very little English

Return to Guangzhou Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Bao Xiang Chu closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.